-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Engineering/ Technical
Register FAQ Community
Engineering/ Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-10-2002, 01:14 PM
oakstone oakstone is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ranger Oil Pressure

I bought a 1988 Ranger a couple of years ago. It as a V6 4WD with 135,000 miles. The problem is with the oil pressure. At normal operating speeds the oil pressure stays in the normal range. When the motor is at operating temp and I stop at a red light that lasts a long time, the oil pressure drops into the low (red) zone. Once i speed back up the oil pressure goes back to normal. Will I harm the engine by letting it idle a minute or two at low oil pressure? I have been putting the truck in neutral and idling the engine up to maintain oil pressure, but that is an aggravation. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on the truck. It runs great, but the body is rough. I don't want spend $400.00 on a $800.00 truck if I can help it. Thanks. Danny.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'98 Regal.... no oil pressure after changed oil Mr_D Regal 6 04-06-2010 12:08 AM
Oil pressure gauge roknjock2 Chevrolet Classics 11 07-30-2009 08:33 AM
97 Pontiac Trans Sport Oil Pressure light mspontiac Trans Sport 2 07-07-2009 05:52 PM
No oil pressure on my big block 454BLAZER Problem Diagnosis 10 05-22-2009 12:37 AM
2001 Denali Low oil pressure w/ engine noise diddy0230 Yukon 1 05-11-2009 07:27 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Engineering/ Technical


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts