-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Something missing?!?

Ok, I realize I have another problem thread open, but I figured this was a different problem and deserved its own thread.

Now the problem; yesterday, I was putting the intake manifold back on the car, and then the fuel rail. I noticed I only had one fuel rail spacer. I then went to replace the throttle body. The two missing fuel rail spacers were on the TB when I bought the car. I don't understand this. Without the spacers on the TB, the TB sits loosely, and does not seal, as the threads don't go all the way on the bolt. I haven't tried to fit it with the TB elbow yet, but I wanted to know if I was missing anything. Are there supposed to be any lock washers on the bolts? Spacers of any kinds?


Edit: And what is this little tab(that an electrical wire hooks to) on the TB, mine is missing (wasn't when I bought car, but it has since backed out)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq

Last edited by Mikelb; 10-30-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: Something missing?!?

maybe this will help me get some answers

this is the tab I'm talking a/b
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2006, 02:30 PM
defiancy's Avatar
defiancy defiancy is offline
Stay classy San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,853
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Something missing?!?

It's an idle position sensor.(Pretty sure that's what it's called)

Should have one little wire running to it.
__________________
1991 GSX 2.3 Stroker
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: Something missing?!?

yeah, I got the wire... but the sensor is missing... arghh... maybe that's some of my idle issue. I had it mostly worked out, but the idle was still high ~900rpm...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts