-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Kandice292 Kandice292 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IAC sensor question

Last week I replaced the IAC valve sensor on my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT 3.4L 6cyl. It was reading a P0507 trouble code (rpm high). Now I'm having trouble with cylinder misfires (previous post) and the diagnostic test is also reading P0506 (rpm low) along with the cylinder misfire issues. Isn't the IAC valve sensor just one sensor...meaning there isnt one to replace for rpm high and a diff one for rpm low? Could my cylinder issues be causing this code and its not really a problem with the IAC? Like I said, I JUST replaced it last week and for months the car has not started by just turning the ignition, I'd have to tap the gas to get it to run. As soon as I replaced the IAC sensor it starts up like normal so I dont see how I would have to replace it again already. Please help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
maxwedge maxwedge is offline
A990 racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 17,072
Thanks: 26
Thanked 388 Times in 379 Posts
Re: IAC sensor question

See my post on the other thread, you need professional on site help with this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts