-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Need Help ASAP... Something went Terribly Wrong...

Ok, as most of you know, I've been in the process of getting the Talon back on the road (after the tranny grenaded). Well, I replaced the driver's side window regulator (the cable snapped) and the passenger side window (some a-hole stole my CD player). My battery is almost completely dead, but I hooked my car up to my mom's van, like I were going to jump it.

The problem is, my windows won't roll up. I have no interior lights, no head lights, no brake lights, no lights in the car whatsoever. My gauges are wired into the fuse box, and they come on. My fan is wired around the relay, so it comes on. But everything else is dark. My AFC will come on. Oh, and the fuel pump doesn't even kick in.

Now, the car's condition. The motor isn't completely together. The fuel rails are in place, but not tightened down (just in place to keep fuel from spraying in compartment). The intake manifold isn't grounded. The trans ground is hanging.

I really don't know what's wrong, but I wanna roll the windows up... Any ideas?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-30-2006, 11:18 AM
l_eclipse_l's Avatar
l_eclipse_l l_eclipse_l is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need Help ASAP... Something went Terribly Wrong...

I would think you blew a major fuse somewhere. Check all the fuses in the cluster in the engine bay and the little cluster under the dash on the driver side.
__________________
'92 3000gt SL

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: Need Help ASAP... Something went Terribly Wrong...

already checked fuses... I had blown a 10amp fuse, but replaced it to no avail...

I don't have a fusebox cover for the box under the dash, so I just pulled every fuse in there and checked them one by one...

And I checked the ones under the hood... not even a bad fusible link...

and my Water, oil, CEL lights come on, just no illumination... (wait, I just thought a/b it, w/no stereo; could that cause my problem???)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-2006, 07:29 AM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: Need Help ASAP... Something went Terribly Wrong...

Damn I feel fuckin' stupid...
I figured out the problem...

Apparently, I only had two of my battery + wires connected to the battery...
I found the third last night and touched it to the terminal and all the lights came on and the door buzzer... I was like damn...

Good news... Most of my motor and wiring is back together...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts