-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-25-2006, 08:25 PM
juno juno is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question “Air sound” from underneath the driver’s side

Hi Cherokees,

My Jeep Grand Cherokee 95’ has been making strange noises. I don’t quite know how to describe the noise but I will try. The noise sound like “SHHHHHH” – “air sound”, the noise comes right in the vicinity of the drivers side break pedal. As a matter of fact when I break the noise slightly distorts to a different “SHHHHHH” sound. The noise comes on when I start up the vehicle, stays on while the vehicle is running, and continues for about five seconds after I turn the vehicle engine off.

Any advice or information on what this could be and how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

-J
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-26-2006, 06:45 AM
dksob81 dksob81 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
Re: “Air sound” from underneath the driver’s side

Quote:
Originally Posted by juno
Hi Cherokees,

My Jeep Grand Cherokee 95’ has been making strange noises. I don’t quite know how to describe the noise but I will try. The noise sound like “SHHHHHH” – “air sound”, the noise comes right in the vicinity of the drivers side break pedal. As a matter of fact when I break the noise slightly distorts to a different “SHHHHHH” sound. The noise comes on when I start up the vehicle, stays on while the vehicle is running, and continues for about five seconds after I turn the vehicle engine off.

Any advice or information on what this could be and how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

-J
Sounds like a vacuum line is leaking but I do not know of any vacuum lines in that vicinity.
__________________
R.I.P. - 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L V8 Quadra-Trac, 3" Budget Boost, K&N FIPK Gen II (Cold Air Intake), FlowMaster American Thunder (Exhaust).

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts