|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Idle speed??
How can I adjust my idle speed (96 sohc) Its listed as one of the possibilities of why my engine is stalling.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Idle speed??
You can't adjust the idle speed. The idle speed is controlled by the computer.
However is there is Idle speed adjuster that the computer controls and if that is bad or the airway is plugged, the computer would not be able to set the idle. There is a small channel that the air goes through to bypass the throttle plate (in the throttle body), the computer adjusts a valve in that channel. You can clean the throttle body and pay close attention to cleaning the bypass out. That solves most problems. If that doesn't do it, you will need to take it in to determine what else may be the problem. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Idle speed??
I dont suppose u have a diagram for that do you? Or possibly know where I can find one?
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Idle speed??
(when facing the car from the front) Is it the part with a cable connected to the throttle that lead back to a wide short cylinder with the vacuum attatched to it?? I do belive it is the idle air control?? how do I clean it if so.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Idle speed??
Get a repair manual with good pictures and follow the procedure for cleaning the throttle body. Cleaning the throttle body is a normal part of a tune up and it is not too hard. I don't have my Neon anymore otherwise I would send you pics of the throttle body and air passage to clean.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Idle speed??
perfect! I just picked up the haynes manual and it has been quite handy, ill check for the cleaning procedure Thanks !
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|