-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-11-2006, 11:14 PM
ThrottleAbuse ThrottleAbuse is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replacement Power window motor and regulator

So after reading a few threads I figured out how to fix my power window that went out on my 2000 Sierra. I know wrong forum. Same truck. More action over here. So I order the part from www.1aauto.com The part arrives and I remove the one in my truck and open the package for the new part. I went ahead and ordered the more expensive OES unit for $129 over the cheap chinese made part for $69.

Now I am not sure what the deal is, but the supposed OES unit that came in the box looks like the picture from there site of the cheap chinese made part while my original looks like the picture of the OES unit. It seems to me they shipped the wrong part. Then I looked at the packaging and it has the part # for the OES part.

Has anyone else ordered from these guys and bought the OES part and had it look like the cheap chinese part? Or did the one you originally removed from your truck look just like the OES one you ordered?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM
intel_guy intel_guy is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Replacement Power window motor and regulator

Sounds like they may have boxed the wrong item, but the part number should also be stamped somewhere on the product itself. I bought mine on ebay, but I looked at the two you mentioned and the main visible difference is the color of the motor (brass color vs. grey (OES)). I'm without a window motor right now waiting for the RMA one to arrive, and my window is stuck 3/4 down...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2006, 05:16 PM
ThrottleAbuse ThrottleAbuse is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Replacement Power window motor and regulator

They claim they sent me the correct product. It has a brass colored motor and looks like the chinese knock off. I already installed it so I cant look for a part # on it. They claim the picture is 6 years old and blah blah. Also say they have a lifetime warranty so whatever. Still feel like I was scammed by them.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts