-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-06-2006, 08:39 AM
nofear39427 nofear39427 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nofear39427
Bringing Back The Dead

Well I recently posted in one of my old threads that I was going to try to fix my 91 Talon back up so it would be operational.I figured out what it will need to hit the pavement again,heres a list of what it will take.I am hoping it will be worth it.
(Belts)
Timining Belt Kit/Time Belt,Balancer belt,Balancer pulley
Serpentine Belt/Runs the water pump,alternator ect

(Engine and Appearance)
Radiator
Oil Cap/Some one took mine
Front Bumper/Not need at this time,but cheap at a junkyard
Tires and Rims/Cheap at a junk yard
Fuel filters and Lines

(Electronics/wiring)
Computer/Brain/Its in the car somewhere its just unplugged
Ignition/We had to break it because I never had the key for the car
Clutch safety switch/Some moron cut the wires to this before I got the car
Push button Ignition/Would be cheaper than buying a regular Igniton

(Others)
Engine Flush
Gas tank cleaner/Rubbing alchohol


Well thats it for now you guys tell me if its worth it.
1991 Fwd 2.0 ,5 speed Talon
I dont even know what type of motor it is,so guesses will be good.
Engine and tranny have a little over 100 G's on them
The clutch is pretty good too.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
l_eclipse_l's Avatar
l_eclipse_l l_eclipse_l is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Bringing Back The Dead

The only part of your list that will even really cost you anything is the TB kit and all related accessories that go along with the job. That and wheels/tires and ignition setup. All in all, if that's what it takes to get a car you like back on the road, go for it.

Guessing at what motor is in it is not necessary. If it's not turbo, it's either the 2.0 4g63NA or the 1.8L garbage POS.
__________________
'92 3000gt SL

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2006, 10:04 AM
nofear39427 nofear39427 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to nofear39427
Re: Bringing Back The Dead

yep its the 4g63 and I am going to start to work on it soon Thanks Man
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts