-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Savage Messiah's Avatar
Savage Messiah Savage Messiah is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Savage Messiah Send a message via Yahoo to Savage Messiah
Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

So, I ran a new PB. During the day the wind was altering between mild tailwind and mild headwind, so yea.

60' 2.087
330 6.095
1/8 9.441
MPH 72.83
1000 12.363
1/4 14.834
MPH 91.17

And then I had a run where i think the tranny tried to jump outta my car.. .then was back in 14.9s. I handed my friend the keys, first run a high 14.8, then a big smokey burnout, and then the ASSHOLE ran...

60' 2.080
330 6.069
1/8 9.406
MPH 72.92
1000 12.319
1/4 14.783
MPH 91.43

and THEN he went and ran...

60' 2.074
330 6.074
1/8 9.427
MPH 72.56
1000 12.354
1/4 14.829
MPH 91.00


So needless to say I wanted to kill something. Gave my friend James (on any board he's on he is 12secondv6)the keys and I think he ran a 14.9... then I got determined to run a 14.7 myself, since it's my damn car.

A 14.8 or two and then, my last pass, went...

60' 2.208
330 6.585
1/8 10.090
MPH 70.22
1000 13.424
1/4 17.172
MPH 53.54

both the 1-2 and the 2-3 slipped to the point where I had to lift my foot and get back on it, other people there heard the sweet sound of a stock 3.8 at 65-6600 RPMs. Yeeea... that tranny's about done. I think my rear made some strange noises too and my burnouts had insane wheelhop, its liek my car was trying to jump away. yea... so, I need to get back to the track and run some goddamn 14.7s myself, since now I know my car is fully capable of it.

all in all ran
6 14.9s

7 14.8s

1 14.7

1 17.1
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later.

194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies

179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ

ON ITS WAY: MORE

R.I.P. Andy

87 Benz 190e - DD

01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-30-2006, 01:25 AM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

How much does your car weigh ?. These numbers aren't adding up to me. I am trying to use a calculator to estimate my own run potential using my boost (parastic loss of the supercharger and prior know power) but (I tried your car out for shits and giggles ) the calculator I am using says within 200lb's of your car weight and your wheel horsepower that your trap speed should be much lower.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2006, 03:04 AM
Savage Messiah's Avatar
Savage Messiah Savage Messiah is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Savage Messiah Send a message via Yahoo to Savage Messiah
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

No idea, never had it weighed, the scales always off or broken or I forget to ask. And if you want I can show you the timeslips in person whenever we finally swap this DS for an LS1 one...
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later.

194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies

179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ

ON ITS WAY: MORE

R.I.P. Andy

87 Benz 190e - DD

01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-2006, 03:37 AM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Messiah
No idea, never had it weighed, the scales always off or broken or I forget to ask. And if you want I can show you the timeslips in person whenever we finally swap this DS for an LS1 one...
I believe you. Its not that, I am sure if you said you ran that. You did, but I also know there is no way your car with driver is like sub 2700lbs. Thats why I don't get your dyno versus trap speed and quarter time. Either you are making more power than your dyno showed (which is possible , especially if it was a mustang Dyno) or you dropped alot of weight.

Edit- Also this calculator could be full of it . In which case hello single digits for me
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Savage Messiah's Avatar
Savage Messiah Savage Messiah is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Savage Messiah Send a message via Yahoo to Savage Messiah
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

Dyno was a dynojet but ive got a feelign the started the runs above my peak torque and i think something was fishy with my HP, I gotta check the graph again... and no way I'm even sub 3000 pounds lol. I really gotta weigh the car and get a # on it.
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later.

194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies

179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ

ON ITS WAY: MORE

R.I.P. Andy

87 Benz 190e - DD

01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Savage Messiah's Avatar
Savage Messiah Savage Messiah is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Savage Messiah Send a message via Yahoo to Savage Messiah
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

went again today...


60' 2.064
330 6.089
1/8 9.443
MPH 72.86
1000 12.342
1/4 14.792
MPH 92.01
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later.

194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies

179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ

ON ITS WAY: MORE

R.I.P. Andy

87 Benz 190e - DD

01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-2006, 12:56 AM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

So you finally happy now ?. You ran a 14.7 in your own car.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Savage Messiah's Avatar
Savage Messiah Savage Messiah is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Savage Messiah Send a message via Yahoo to Savage Messiah
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

yea but its still not fast enough
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later.

194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies

179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ

ON ITS WAY: MORE

R.I.P. Andy

87 Benz 190e - DD

01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-09-2006, 01:37 AM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

Add a 200 shot of NOS and you will be flying (so will your pistons right out your hood but whats that in the name of performance )
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Savage Messiah's Avatar
Savage Messiah Savage Messiah is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,690
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Savage Messiah Send a message via Yahoo to Savage Messiah
Re: Track results from yesterday... I'm pissed even with a new personal best

maybe when i have the enw engine, TC and tranny ready to go I will just for the hell of it
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later.

194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies

179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ

ON ITS WAY: MORE

R.I.P. Andy

87 Benz 190e - DD

01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts