-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community
Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain Discuss Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-20-2006, 10:54 PM
david-b's Avatar
david-b david-b is offline
Dave is THAT guy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Question Do I need ARP and Cometic?

Another head question. Since I'm staying all motor, do I need ARP head studs and a Cometic head gasket? I see these full gasket sets that come with everything and all, but I don't know if I really need all of this. I'm not producing a huge hp car and no forced induction. Do I need to spend all that money jsut on those peices? Thanks!
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ
Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-21-2006, 10:56 PM
xavier3jr's Avatar
xavier3jr xavier3jr is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,682
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to xavier3jr Send a message via MSN to xavier3jr
Re: Do I need ARP and Cometic?

i went with a 3 layer head gasket and oem head bolts.
__________________


96 GS - 5 Speed-Sold

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2006, 06:22 PM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: Do I need ARP and Cometic?

No you shouldn't have to, I would just go OEM. But I'm sure you know you can't re-use the same head studs after you torque them in.
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2006, 06:26 PM
david-b's Avatar
david-b david-b is offline
Dave is THAT guy
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Re: Do I need ARP and Cometic?

Well aware of that. Actually, I've been trying to take out all the old bolts everywhere. Like if I have o fix something, I'll take the rusty nut/bolt/screw out and replace it with a new one. Looks much better and is just better all around.
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ
Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts