-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-06-2006, 01:55 PM
C2Z06 C2Z06 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to C2Z06
I'm pissed...

I don't where else to put this. Maybe I need some counseling for my road rage but I'm pissed.

I'm sick of people pulling out in front of me on the interstate and don't even have the stinking courtesy to speed up to the speed I'm going! They pull out in front of me so close I have to hit the breaks! What is worse, in each case, there was no one behind me for at least 1/2 mile!!!

Yesterday, white Chevy cargo mini-van. Pull out in front of me with no turn signal. I had to break and swirve left into the emergency lane and almost hit the concrete barrier on my left since I was passing people ( maybe 3-4mph faster than traffic in lane 2, center lane). Had I not moved, he would have hit my car with his rear bumper slightly over my right front tire. So I break, horn and fly my bird out of anger. He returns the disfavor. I give both birds and high beams.

So he swerves back into the center lane while looking at me and nearly clipping the car on his right (who escaped into lane 1 since no one was there) and slammed on his breaks, gets behind me and proceeds to tail gate, flashes lights and signals for me to get out of the car. As traffic nearly slowed to a stop, he unbuckles and starts to open his door.

Traffic speeds back up, I go with it and roll the moonroof back. At this point I see a great opportunity to rid my car of trash. So I start tossing mostly drunken soda bottles, napkins, McDonald's bags etc out of the roof and watch them bounce off of his windsheild until he quits riding my arse. He swirves back into lane 2 and plows by me. By this time, I-85North goes from 3-4 lanes, traffic picks up, I slow down and scoot right to let this guy go.


This morning. Blonde chic in a 96 Accord LX. I'm doing 82mph, she's doing 74mph. No one behind me for more than 1mile and I'm westbound on I-485. She pulls in front of me, I hit the brakes as hard as I can and the ABS engages!

She FINALLY decides (after nearly 2-3minutes) to pass the car that she had been tailgaiting by only several inches for a good 5 minutes or more. So I most to the center lane to pass her and she looks over at her shoulder and speeds up.

I'm thinking screw this BS...I punch it, get up to 98, pass a car in the center on the right, move back to that far left lane after getting around this wench. She actually had to nerve to follow me up close to 95! I cut her off and give her the a courteous wave. No bird or throwing but just the same wave you give some one who lets you into their lane after being stuck in traffic forever. She was furious and shaking her fist.

So what I've decided is...screw these people. I'm tired of getting cut off, people moving into my lane where I'm at and expecting me to move out of their way. F' them...I'm occupying that space currently! If you want to merge into my lane and you DO NOT have a turn signal on, I WILL NOT let you in front of me, even if it means I'm 1/2 a foot off of the person's bumper in front of me. If I see a turn signal and you want to merge, I will make ever effort to let you in.

If you are in the left lane and not passing when faster traffic is comming up, I will empty the trash out of my car onto yours. No left lane campers allowed! Left lane PASSING ONLY. Once you pass, move right and get the heck out of that lane. If you cut me off, I'm going to start carry a .21 pellet gun. Don't be surprised if your rear tire's go flat. You better give me some room and a turn signal. If you change lanes in front of me...you better have more than a car length, a turn signal or have been waived in by me!

S
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-12-2006, 11:52 PM
GreyGoose006 GreyGoose006 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,687
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I'm pissed...

you do realize that merging traffic has the right of way dont you?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2006, 01:16 AM
2.2 Straight six's Avatar
2.2 Straight six 2.2 Straight six is offline
That thing got a Hemi?
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six
Re: I'm pissed...

you are such a moron. throwing trash out your car? swearing at people? doing 82mph? what the hell is wrong with you?

seriously, you shouldn't be on the road if you can't even obey traffic laws.

now quit whining and bitching when YOU were in the wrong.
__________________
Seatbelts Saved My Life
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2006, 07:42 AM
C2Z06 C2Z06 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to C2Z06
Re: I'm pissed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose006
you do realize that merging traffic has the right of way dont you?
The only law I know of that states that states that merging traffic has the right of way only if they are intering an interstate. If two vehichles are already on the interstate (like we were), then the law does not apply and it's his responsibility to merge into my lane safely. That is in Texas.

In North and South Carolina...merging traffic MUST yeild to cars in the other lanes. It is their job to merge safely and NOT to force a merge. I live in Charlotte, NC.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2006, 07:52 AM
C2Z06 C2Z06 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to C2Z06
Re: I'm pissed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2 Straight six
you are such a moron. throwing trash out your car? swearing at people? doing 82mph? what the hell is wrong with you?

seriously, you shouldn't be on the road if you can't even obey traffic laws.

now quit whining and bitching when YOU were in the wrong.
I do realise I was wrong for my reaction to these individuals. I should not have let it get to me. 4yrs of this is starting to wear me down and I shouldn't let it.

As far as the speed is concerned, we can debate all day about how speed is/isn't all that dangerous relative to the type of road, flow of traffic, weather conditions, type of car etc. But I'm not going down that path today...

My point of this thread is that I'm having issues here and I'm recognizing it. It's just a matter of learning how to deal with them. Venting's a good way. But if you don't like that, then you could just skip this thread altogether.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:45 AM
2.2 Straight six's Avatar
2.2 Straight six 2.2 Straight six is offline
That thing got a Hemi?
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six
Re: I'm pissed...

if driving's getting to you maybe you should consider a course in expert driving, or maybe trying an auto-cross event. that way you're driving the car "in anger" so to speak, and you're relieving stress by pushing hard/going fast, which from your speeding i assume you enjoy. you may find that being able to do that kind of driving in a safe environment allows you to feel more controlled when on the road.
__________________
Seatbelts Saved My Life
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2006, 10:01 AM
C2Z06 C2Z06 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to C2Z06
Re: I'm pissed...

A course in advance driving sounds like a cool idea. Dale-Jarret racing has one in Virginia that uses only Corvettes (my favorite car). A new goal in life. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2006, 10:19 AM
2.2 Straight six's Avatar
2.2 Straight six 2.2 Straight six is offline
That thing got a Hemi?
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six
Re: I'm pissed...

just make sure you keep the racing purely on the track, there are too many times when i've seen people try it on the road and end up in a crash.

i can tell you now that seeing a crashed car with 2 dead occupants being towed out of a ditch is not a pretty sight in anyone's book.

a course in race driving or advanced driving may help take away the "speed craving" you experience on the road, as you can go as fast as the cars allow when you're on the track.
__________________
Seatbelts Saved My Life
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-13-2006, 04:07 PM
WickedNYCowboy's Avatar
WickedNYCowboy WickedNYCowboy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,477
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to WickedNYCowboy Send a message via Yahoo to WickedNYCowboy
Re: I'm pissed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Z06
I don't where else to put this. Maybe I need some counseling for my road rage but I'm pissed.

I'm sick of people pulling out in front of me on the interstate and don't even have the stinking courtesy to speed up to the speed I'm going! They pull out in front of me so close I have to hit the breaks! What is worse, in each case, there was no one behind me for at least 1/2 mile!!!

Yesterday, white Chevy cargo mini-van. Pull out in front of me with no turn signal. I had to break and swirve left into the emergency lane and almost hit the concrete barrier on my left since I was passing people ( maybe 3-4mph faster than traffic in lane 2, center lane). Had I not moved, he would have hit my car with his rear bumper slightly over my right front tire. So I break, horn and fly my bird out of anger. He returns the disfavor. I give both birds and high beams.

So he swerves back into the center lane while looking at me and nearly clipping the car on his right (who escaped into lane 1 since no one was there) and slammed on his breaks, gets behind me and proceeds to tail gate, flashes lights and signals for me to get out of the car. As traffic nearly slowed to a stop, he unbuckles and starts to open his door.

Traffic speeds back up, I go with it and roll the moonroof back. At this point I see a great opportunity to rid my car of trash. So I start tossing mostly drunken soda bottles, napkins, McDonald's bags etc out of the roof and watch them bounce off of his windsheild until he quits riding my arse. He swirves back into lane 2 and plows by me. By this time, I-85North goes from 3-4 lanes, traffic picks up, I slow down and scoot right to let this guy go.


This morning. Blonde chic in a 96 Accord LX. I'm doing 82mph, she's doing 74mph. No one behind me for more than 1mile and I'm westbound on I-485. She pulls in front of me, I hit the brakes as hard as I can and the ABS engages!

She FINALLY decides (after nearly 2-3minutes) to pass the car that she had been tailgaiting by only several inches for a good 5 minutes or more. So I most to the center lane to pass her and she looks over at her shoulder and speeds up.

I'm thinking screw this BS...I punch it, get up to 98, pass a car in the center on the right, move back to that far left lane after getting around this wench. She actually had to nerve to follow me up close to 95! I cut her off and give her the a courteous wave. No bird or throwing but just the same wave you give some one who lets you into their lane after being stuck in traffic forever. She was furious and shaking her fist.

So what I've decided is...screw these people. I'm tired of getting cut off, people moving into my lane where I'm at and expecting me to move out of their way. F' them...I'm occupying that space currently! If you want to merge into my lane and you DO NOT have a turn signal on, I WILL NOT let you in front of me, even if it means I'm 1/2 a foot off of the person's bumper in front of me. If I see a turn signal and you want to merge, I will make ever effort to let you in.

If you are in the left lane and not passing when faster traffic is comming up, I will empty the trash out of my car onto yours. No left lane campers allowed! Left lane PASSING ONLY. Once you pass, move right and get the heck out of that lane. If you cut me off, I'm going to start carry a .21 pellet gun. Don't be surprised if your rear tire's go flat. You better give me some room and a turn signal. If you change lanes in front of me...you better have more than a car length, a turn signal or have been waived in by me!

S
You do realize you should just them go. I wouldn't want to drive with you.
__________________
Evan
Support your local volunteer fire department
===============
My Rides:
2003 Ford F-350 Long Horn Hauler
Others:
1999 Toyota Camry LE V6-Dad
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71-Sister
2004 Toyota Camry LE V6-Mom
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-14-2006, 07:15 AM
C2Z06 C2Z06 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to C2Z06
Re: I'm pissed...

I do understand that I should let them go. My nerves in this area are starting to get a little freyed. Maybe I just need a vacation. I haven't had one in 18months.

I don't blame any one for not wanting to drive with me after those two days. I'm always getting complimented on my driving. But I had had enough with the crap and started fighting back. What is bothering me most now as I look back, that fact that the guy in the van could have actually gotten out if traffic had stopped and possibly shot me (many people drive with loaded weapons in the Charlotte, NC area -the birthplace of carjacking). Or wrecked getting around that Accord and taken out cars of people actually driving safely.

As angry as I get at those selfish turds, I'm even more troubled by my reaction to them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:32 AM
2.2 Straight six's Avatar
2.2 Straight six 2.2 Straight six is offline
That thing got a Hemi?
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six
Re: I'm pissed...

maybe you should just let it go and think about how you're better than them by not sinking to their level.
__________________
Seatbelts Saved My Life
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
C2Z06 C2Z06 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to C2Z06
Re: I'm pissed...

Yeah..."talking" or writing about it has helped...any tips on who's going to Win the next World Series?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts