-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Silver39 Silver39 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How can I open rear tailgate?

I went out tonight to open the tailgate on my '94 to lube the hinges to see if that would help the horrible squeeks coming from in back, anyway, I opened the glass and turned the tailgate "handle/knob" and felt something let loose inside, the handle is now at a 45 degree angle and no way to open the backend, whats the best way to remove the rear cover on the inside to check this out?

Update went out to check things out and lo & behold, everything works normally, driving around must have loosened something up and it works fine now, I will still tear it down and check for binding somewhere, but almost surreal........

Last edited by Silver39; 09-02-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Chris Stewart's Avatar
Chris Stewart Chris Stewart is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,920
Thanks: 113
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: How can I open rear tailgate?

Wow, let us know how it works out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Silver39 Silver39 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How can I open rear tailgate?

I went out today and removed the cover on the inside of the tailgate, adjusted the window latch mechanism up and out to ease the latching of the window and after a good test drive the horrible squeek from the back is GONE! figure that the latch was holding it closed, but not really "locked" completely and the metal to metal was rubbing, causing the squeek.....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Chris Stewart's Avatar
Chris Stewart Chris Stewart is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,920
Thanks: 113
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: How can I open rear tailgate?

Good work!!!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts