-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-28-2006, 12:40 PM
EDMUND65's Avatar
EDMUND65 EDMUND65 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to EDMUND65
anyone else see this?

Anyone see these dumb adds that push the forum down and to the right? what the hell do they keep changeing this forum!?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-28-2006, 01:31 PM
ned032002's Avatar
ned032002 ned032002 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,570
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Re: anyone else see this?

Yeah I can't stand them either, and there all of the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: anyone else see this?

Its keeping AF free guys, would you rather pay a membership fee?
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-28-2006, 02:06 PM
ned032002's Avatar
ned032002 ned032002 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,570
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Re: anyone else see this?

You win.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: anyone else see this?

Have you ever seen how much money they make on the banner ads though?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/corp...dvertising.php

10,000 a year for one companys banner ad. I have seen many differnet banner ads up there and can say that if they are grossing over 50,000 a year on just those then their server shouldn't be crashing as much as it does... I've been happy to see that its been a lot better than it used to be but its still a little odd. I wanna know exactly what all that money goes towards, cause I'm sure it doesn't cost that much money to keep the server and such running.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 PM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: anyone else see this?

I was about to make a thread on the same subject
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-28-2006, 04:24 PM
EDMUND65's Avatar
EDMUND65 EDMUND65 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to EDMUND65
Re: anyone else see this?

beat ya too it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
G-man422's Avatar
G-man422 G-man422 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to G-man422
Re: anyone else see this?

lol, yeah, i made one already too. But I found that the adds i can deal with. Some of them are even interesting (the BMW performance driving school for example.)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
AbsoluteGTR's Avatar
AbsoluteGTR AbsoluteGTR is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteGTR Send a message via MSN to AbsoluteGTR
Re: anyone else see this?

Bmw Rules!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:41 PM
E-Klips E-Klips is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: anyone else see this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
Have you ever seen how much money they make on the banner ads though?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/corp...dvertising.php

10,000 a year for one companys banner ad. I have seen many differnet banner ads up there and can say that if they are grossing over 50,000 a year on just those then their server shouldn't be crashing as much as it does... I've been happy to see that its been a lot better than it used to be but its still a little odd. I wanna know exactly what all that money goes towards, cause I'm sure it doesn't cost that much money to keep the server and such running.
With 473,000 members, over half a million threads and 4.2 million posts. I can understand it. The server is not cheap or small by any means.

Advertising is the name of the game. People are willing to pay top dollar for it when its on one of the worlds largest multi auto forum.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: anyone else see this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Klips
With 473,000 members, over half a million threads and 4.2 million posts. I can understand it. The server is not cheap or small by any means.

Advertising is the name of the game. People are willing to pay top dollar for it when its on one of the worlds largest multi auto forum.
Do you really suppose they have over 50k invested in just their server though?... I assumed that another company took care of it all and it would be upon them to maintain a stable server. Then again, if they have their own building set up with their own server stacks and everything then no it wouldn't be cheap at all. As for the amount of members... I imagine almost half of those were noobs that signed up for 2 days and then left with no intentions of returning.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-28-2006, 09:05 PM
l_eclipse_l's Avatar
l_eclipse_l l_eclipse_l is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: anyone else see this?

The fact is, they make plenty of money off the adversiting that we already have. No need to fill up the screen with useless crap, we have noobs for that.
__________________
'92 3000gt SL

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-28-2006, 10:43 PM
crunchymilk55's Avatar
crunchymilk55 crunchymilk55 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,010
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to crunchymilk55
Re: anyone else see this?

people get greedy...

and that damn race car
__________________
now - 2000 civic
soon - 2002 is300
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 PM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: anyone else see this?

skylines arent cheap, neither are the other af project cars
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: anyone else see this?

Yeah, they do seem to be rackin in quite a bit of money, but I'm pretty sure Igor is somewhere in the Europe. If you click on the AF member map, I think hes from the Ukraine. Maybe that $10,000 doesnt go very far over there.
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts