-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-03-2006, 03:21 PM
gtmud gtmud is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 910
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
89' XJ Brake question

Okay, I just acquired an 89' larado 4x4, most everything works but I have question regarding the brakes. I see that it has 4 wheel ABS on it, seeing that this is a dinasaur compared to whats out there now, can I bypass the ABS and run just a standard power brake system? This because I have almost no braking ability, master cylinder is full. Could this be signs of a ABS system problem?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2006, 05:56 PM
citizen@large's Avatar
citizen@large citizen@large is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 393
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 89' XJ Brake question

Have you checked all the various components? IE- break pads, rotors, etc...
How's the pedal response?
ABS systems are designed to stop vehicles faster/better than standard systems from what little I know.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts