-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '01-'05 Civic
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-31-2006, 08:22 PM
aznpeter aznpeter is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DRL light flashing and clicking

Hey guys, I have a 02 acura el/honda civic. when I turn on the car, there is about 50% chance that a continuous clicking noise (sounds like it is from some electronic component) will occur while the DRL light flashes. The problem goes away immediately if I turn on the headlight. The problem will also goes away after the car has been on for some time.

After all, a year or so ago I did once sprayed the engine bay with water without covering any of the electrical components. I am guessing there may be a short or something in the circuit but I am not sure. Do you guys have any idea on why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

Peter
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2006, 09:35 PM
hxgaser hxgaser is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: DRL light flashing and clicking

I have a 01 Civic and it actually had a recall for combination light switch. Mine does not have day time running light, but I guess the issue can be related. Call Honda to see if your car was affected by the recall. If so they will replace the switch and the problem might go away.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-01-2006, 06:27 AM
BrodyP's Avatar
BrodyP BrodyP is offline
AF -Advisor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,563
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: DRL light flashing and clicking

Unshileded wires? Does the sound play from your speakers?


Found this on another forum--------

"I had the same problem on my 2001 Acura 1.7EL. The dealer found the DRL Module at Fault. It was replaced under warranty and then problem was resolved."
__________________
03.IS300.MT.LSD. 'Supra in Training'

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Copytech99 Copytech99 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 435
Thanks: 7
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Re: DRL light flashing and clicking

Someone on 7thgencivic said that they disassembled the DRL module and found some poor solder connections inside. They solved it by re-soldering the connections.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '01-'05 Civic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts