-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
cshults's Avatar
cshults cshults is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lights

While driving to work today I noticed that my daytime running lights turn off when I put my turn signal on but then turn back on when the turn signal clicks off. Is this normal? I've never noticed this on any other vehicle before.
__________________
Chris S.
2001 Bravada Platinum Ed.
1992 Beretta GTZ
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Chris Stewart's Avatar
Chris Stewart Chris Stewart is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,920
Thanks: 113
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: Lights

I believe that's so folks can see your turn signals...DRL's are kinda bright and use alot of power.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-27-2006, 07:21 PM
ericn1300's Avatar
ericn1300 ericn1300 is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,068
Thanks: 7
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Re: Lights

Chris is right, the DRLs dims out so other drivers can see the turn signal. I heard a call on National Public Radio's Car Talk were a female caller with the same question had a problem with amourous truckers thinking she was flashing them when she was changing lanes and following her to her exit. Their solution was to unplug the DRLs. On the Bravada they are seperate from the head light bulbs.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2006, 09:12 AM
cshults's Avatar
cshults cshults is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Lights

I was thinking the same thing that people will think I'm flashing my lights at them when I put my signal on. Oh well, as long as this is normal and there's nothing wrong with my truck then I don't care.
__________________
Chris S.
2001 Bravada Platinum Ed.
1992 Beretta GTZ
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts