|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Fuel gauge not working
I have a 97 blazer and the fuel guage stays on full. It does move some but stays pretty much on full even when the tank is empty. Can someone give me some ideas on what to do?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Fuel gauge not working
That would indicate that the fuel level sending unit is bad. I believe that on your year of truck the sending unit and fuel pump are all one unit, but I may be wrong.
You can always search on fuel pump or fuel sending unit in this forum. The sending unit is located on top of the tank and is a pain to get to. What most of us do is just keep an eye on mileage and plan on filling the tank when we reach about 225 - 250 miles, this gives us a safety margin as our trucks should be able to go about 300 - 325 on a single tank. THis is a common problem with Blazers. Changing our the fuel pump and sending unit will cost about $300 or so and probably four hours of your time, or $600+ to have it done for you. I have the same problem, mine is only accurate for the first quarter to half of the tank. I will wait until the pump fails and then replace the whole shebang. Hope this helps.
__________________
billibong 99 4X4 Blazer LS Vin W Repairs: U/L Ball Joints, I/O Tie Rod Ends, New Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves, New Idler Arm, R & L Front Hubs, R & L Upper CA Bushings, New Gabriel Ultramax Shocks (what a difference) F & R Brakes and Rotors at 110,000. Infinity Speakers to replace the blown factory sets. 162K+ and still kicking. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Fuel gauge not working
Quote:
I will suggest replacing the whole unit ( around $400.00 plus). You have to drop the tank to get at it, might as well replace the pump right away. Just my suggestion. And now my opinions; Don't use the Carter pump assembly. I have a 2 door Blazer, so if your's is a 2 door , get the Delphi # FG0072. I don't know what the 4 door Blazer model number is. Here's a link to my '97 Blazer's latest fuel pump problems; http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ight=fuel+pump
__________________
It's my opinion, don't take it personal. '04 T&C,'01 Blazer ZR2, '97 Blazer, '97 Sunfire, '85 Vette, '79 Civic, 94 FLSTC |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|