|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
1996 CBR 600 questions.
It's my first bike and I've only owned it a few weeks. It didn't come with a manual or anything so I have a few questions. How much oil does it take to change the oil and what kind should I use? Besides keeping the chain oiled, what else do I need to do on a regular basis? Thanks!
Last edited by 666_speed; 07-17-2006 at 11:17 AM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 1996 CBR 600 questions.
Buy the factory manual or google and download, maintenance interval is bike specific. Generally, it's 3.5 qt of 10W 40 (motorcycle specific oil) for summer weather, but check the guide.
__________________
I'm the greatest! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 1996 CBR 600 questions.
does your bike have a oil window usually on the bottom of the motor. i use motul syntec. but theres lots of oils out there just go to a bike shop. tire pressure, clutch adj, chain adj etc. motul chainlube, so far is the best stuff i've used.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 1996 CBR 600 questions.
Thanks a lot!
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 1996 CBR 600 questions.
its the same as a car for basic maintenance but a little bit more impotant.
check all your lights (especially rear) more often than your car. check your tyre pressure. it'll affect handling a great deal. check brake pad wear and balance. some hondas can have a piston seize slightly causing un even pad wear. while your down oiling the chain, check the sprockets for wear.
__________________
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|