|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
can anyone tell me what the sweet spot is for my 2005 Chevy 3500, Duramax engine, 4X4 Dually Crew Cab, long bed with auto trans and 3.73 gears. I know the sweet spot to run my 2003 Harley is 53 mph for the best fuel economy and all around performance, not saying I run her there but that is the best spot for the bike if'n I want to get the best mileage for my $. I was just wondering if anyone new where the best spot for my truck is in regular mode and also in tow/haul mode, there must be a certain RPM for the best fuel economy empty and towing my 9000# TT. If anyone has this info I would appreciate if they were to pass it on to me so I can be a educated consumer. Thanks
__________________
3500 Dually Member # 252 and Damn proud of it 2016 GMC Denali Dually Duramax w/Automatic 6X6 (rear tires are dual) .. enough power to pull the old guy from the P !!ss Pot 2007 KZ New Vision 41kgx2 Toy Hauler 2 Harleys (2015 FLHTCUTG and 1995 FLTCU) 1987 Trans Am GTA (with only 19,783 mile) 1992 Chevy S-10 4 dr, 4x4 Blazer 03 GMC 3500 Dually |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: best RPM
Not sure with that truck really, but most GM trucks get best MPG around 1400 rpm or so. Normally, ~60mpg in high gear.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: best RPM
oops, that's a diesel, ignore my post then lol
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|