-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Expedition
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-02-2006, 10:50 PM
MTrachy MTrachy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 Expedition Front Passenger Window

My front passenger windows stopped working today. The motor runs, but the windows doesn't go up. I need some assistance in taking off the door panel, and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks.

MT
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2006, 05:36 AM
ronwc ronwc is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2003 Expedition Front Passenger Window

I just replaced the front two speakers on my 98 (which made a big difference) so I can tell you how to remove the panel. There are two screws that lock the panel in place at the top of the door under the power panel and the trim piece at the top corner. Pull these two pieces off and take out the two screws, then pull the panel upward and it will come off, There are a few wires you need to unplug if you want to completely remove the door panel -

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrachy
My front passenger windows stopped working today. The motor runs, but the windows doesn't go up. I need some assistance in taking off the door panel, and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks.

MT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2006, 10:14 AM
MTrachy MTrachy is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2003 Expedition Front Passenger Window

Thanks, it was fairly easy. It looks like the window regulator has to be replaced. The window cable is all messed up and kinked etc., so it doesn't look like it could be wound back in. Has anyone replace a window regulator on this truck before? If so, any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MT
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2006, 09:44 AM
ranuve ranuve is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2003 Expedition Front Passenger Window

You've probably fixed this by now, but passenger window went the same way and I had to get regulator. I choose to have someone else put it in but it makes me think Ford put in an inferior part.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Expedition


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts