-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Talon69's Avatar
Talon69 Talon69 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69
Exclamation I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

I cannot remember if this plug was plugged into something before i took my engine out. The plug looks to clean to never been plugged into something.

The plug is by the diverside headlight. Does not goto headlights


__________________
Current Cars
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
2003 Grand AM GT - official beater car for the winter lol
----------------------------------------------------
95 TSI AWD [email protected] (T-25)
Now fully Modded engine with 3,560 miles on it.SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 PM
kjewer1 kjewer1 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

I can't think of anything in that area that would go to, except the side marker.
__________________
Kevin Jewer
RWD Talon - 7.92 at 180
Mightymax - 10.7 at 125
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Blaiser17 Blaiser17 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Blaiser17
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

only plugs near that area one my car are the ones that goes to the alternator and possibly one which hooks to your rad, it kind of looks like one of the ones that plugs down below the distributor though, sorry if that was of no help.
__________________
1999 Chevy Monte Carlo 3.1L
1991 Chevy Camaro 3.1L
1981 Chevy Camaro z28 383 Stroker
2000 Mercury Cougar v6
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-29-2006, 09:02 PM
kjewer1 kjewer1 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

Nothing for the radiator at all on a 2g. The alternator connector is black IIRC and bigger. The ABS is in that corner of the car, as is the charcoal canister on late 2gs, but there would have been no reason to disconnect those. Maybe this is a non ABS car or something, at least that might explain why it looks unused. I'm curious to see what this thing is. I know every single plug that goes to the motor, and I don't believe this one does.
__________________
Kevin Jewer
RWD Talon - 7.92 at 180
Mightymax - 10.7 at 125
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Talon69's Avatar
Talon69 Talon69 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaiser17
only plugs near that area one my car are the ones that goes to the alternator and possibly one which hooks to your rad, it kind of looks like one of the ones that plugs down below the distributor though, sorry if that was of no help.

Umm distributor??? Sorry man there is none of them on are cars!!! But thanx for the reply

It does not goto the side marker, they are plugged in But damn it bugging the shit out of me

EDIT: it does not goto the ABS my car is abs but i disconnected it all. Reason because its alot funner running the car without ABS

My car came with every option aviable. I wish i could remember if that was plugged into something or not

EDIT. it just seems to me if that plug was never used it would be alot dirtier than that after 11 years!!
__________________
Current Cars
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
2003 Grand AM GT - official beater car for the winter lol
----------------------------------------------------
95 TSI AWD [email protected] (T-25)
Now fully Modded engine with 3,560 miles on it.SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2006, 06:16 PM
SLoe's Avatar
SLoe SLoe is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

Part of the air conditioning. There is a silver canister directly behind the head light. It hangs down into the fender well. IDRC the name of the canister, as I am experiencing a brain fart at the present time. Anyway, I am 99% sure that's what it is. Has your AC been taken out?
__________________

96 GST 5 spd.......(R.I.P.) smashed by a fallen tree
2001 Camaro SS 6 speed goodness!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Talon69's Avatar
Talon69 Talon69 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeman
Part of the air conditioning. There is a silver canister directly behind the head light. It hangs down into the fender well. IDRC the name of the canister, as I am experiencing a brain fart at the present time. Anyway, I am 99% sure that's what it is. Has your AC been taken out?

Yes i took all my AC shit out before i put engine back in.
__________________
Current Cars
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
2003 Grand AM GT - official beater car for the winter lol
----------------------------------------------------
95 TSI AWD [email protected] (T-25)
Now fully Modded engine with 3,560 miles on it.SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon69
Yes i took all my AC shit out before i put engine back in.
And thus the mystery has been solved. lol
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2006, 09:36 PM
kjewer1 kjewer1 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

Sweet.
__________________
Kevin Jewer
RWD Talon - 7.92 at 180
Mightymax - 10.7 at 125
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2006, 10:34 PM
E-Klips E-Klips is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

Yep that is for the A/C canister.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-03-2006, 11:14 PM
1stGenRocks's Avatar
1stGenRocks 1stGenRocks is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,973
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 1stGenRocks
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

cool i was wondering that about my 6bolt swap too. lol buying a 2g thats already half ripped apart when youve never worked on a 2nd gen before is fun
__________________
-1stGenRocks-
95 Tsi AWD: 6 bolt, DSMLink, 880's, ACT 2600, lightweight flywheel, AGX's, Dropzone springs, poly motor mounts and suspension bushings, 3 inch turboback, gus modded 1g BOV, hardpipes, drilled & slotted rotors, 17's

plans: bastard 20g, water/meth injection NO FMIC
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 AM
SLoe's Avatar
SLoe SLoe is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I cannot figure out where this plug goes!!!

Glad I could help 1stGen was the first person to answer my first post here It was a burned up ECU! Good job.
__________________

96 GST 5 spd.......(R.I.P.) smashed by a fallen tree
2001 Camaro SS 6 speed goodness!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts