-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-13-2006, 05:29 PM
SmicAA72
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I have had enough!

Alright, ALL of you n/a guys out there know EXACTLY what I'm about to talk about. (I searched and searched, but find nothing to my liking [or that really works for good]). The damn belt's days of squeaking are OVER!

How do I get rid of this annoying and, for the most part, embarrasing problem for good? I've tried tightening, replacing, belt spray, everything. The belt constantly squeels, someone give me something that works for good, not a week (or less) like tightening. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 PM
crunchymilk55's Avatar
crunchymilk55 crunchymilk55 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,010
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to crunchymilk55
Re: I have had enough!

well I had the same problem for almost a year. At start-up they would squeal really bad, sometimes for a minute or more. I tried new belt after new belt, tightening, belt spray, all that crap.

Then I said what the hell, went to mitsu, and bought their belts. They haven't made a single squeal yet. I was amazed, so I put the belts side by side and realized the aftermarket belts had normal grooves, while the OEM belts had some weird type of "hair" almost, I have no idea what it was, and the grooves weren't as deep. I'll never buy another non-OEM belt, for anything.
__________________
now - 2000 civic
soon - 2002 is300
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2006, 05:45 PM
david-b's Avatar
david-b david-b is offline
Dave is THAT guy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Re: I have had enough!

I've been having the same problems. I replaced the belt again and have been having the problems. I tightened it up about 2 weeks back and it's been fine up until about 2 days ago where it started squealing again. I should go there too and get one. How much we talking?
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ
Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2006, 05:50 PM
crunchymilk55's Avatar
crunchymilk55 crunchymilk55 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,010
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to crunchymilk55
Re: I have had enough!

I think both the power steering and alternator belt (might as well get both OEM) were like 25 bucks together.
__________________
now - 2000 civic
soon - 2002 is300
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2006, 06:37 PM
l_eclipse_l's Avatar
l_eclipse_l l_eclipse_l is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I have had enough!

I just had the serpentine belt replaced with a Mitsu belt and my squeeling has stopped. I was going to have the other 2 belts replaced also, and was told those are not even Mitsu belts. They are Chrysler, and one of them had already been done just before I got the car.
__________________
'92 3000gt SL

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 PM
david-b's Avatar
david-b david-b is offline
Dave is THAT guy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Re: I have had enough!

I got the UDP on... do they have belts to match those sizes then too?
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ
Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts