-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 PM
JTheFish JTheFish is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
O2 sensor and Chk engine light problem

I have a question and I hope someone might know. I had the check engine light turn on in my 96 Avalon and of course the car was due for inspection. I took it to the inspection station and let them fail it. They told me it failed for an O2 sensor. It had a code which internet research told me it was the bank 1 sensor which is the one on the exhaust manifold in the front. I replaced it and I disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes. When I turned the car on the light was gone. It was like that for about 2 days and I only made maybe 2 or 3 small trips like maybe 20 miles during that time (like stopping at the grocery store, so the car was turned on and off). Then I was driving the next day and the light turned on again. Is there a possibility that the car turned it on until it figures out the settings? I have read places that this can happen if you clear the computer by unplugging the battery. Any comments would help. Also I replaced it with a BOsch O2 sensor with the plug attached so I did not need to splice wires.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2006, 07:26 PM
csaxon csaxon is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: O2 sensor and Chk engine light problem


You have 2 bank 1 sensors. The heating element of Bank1 sensor 2 is the usual culprit. Without checking the codes you don't know if it's the original problem or something new!
__________________
It worked fine until I fixed it!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2006, 12:58 PM
keno39046 keno39046 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: O2 sensor and Chk engine light problem

I just had same problem. Replace the second or middle sensor on the rear exhaust bank and I bet it will solve your problem.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts