-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunfire > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
WannaBMechanic WannaBMechanic is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Fuel Line Replacement!! Where do I start???

I have a 1996 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe SE 2.2L. I started to notice a very strong odor of gasoline. Pulled into driveway and noticed a trail behind me in gas. Inspected underbody and revealed rusty fuel lines from the B-Pillar to the tank. Remaining fuel line from B-Pillar to motor is in fair condition. Leak is noticeable between the B-pillar and rear tire. Leak only noticed when car is on so I am guessing problem lies only within the lines.
Question I am having is....... Should I replace entire fuel line? If so where do I find the part? or Can I cut old line(flare its end) and replace with rubber hose? Any advice is welcomed thanks for your time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2006, 01:11 PM
homerr homerr is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fuel Line Replacement!! Where do I start???

Not sure for you, but in Nova Scotia the gas lines must be metal (copper, etc.)

Homerr
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2006, 05:00 PM
GTP Dad GTP Dad is offline
Pontiac Guy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,441
Thanks: 2
Thanked 82 Times in 78 Posts
Re: Fuel Line Replacement!! Where do I start???

Replace the entire fuel line. If it is rusted in one spot it will rust and probably spring a leak somewhere else. I suggest you try to find a good one at a wrecking yard. They are quite salty at the Pontiac dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2006, 05:25 PM
wafrederick wafrederick is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,706
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fuel Line Replacement!! Where do I start???

Dorman products has a fuel line repair kit out and it is not cheap.You can now repair fuel lines now
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-18-2006, 10:17 PM
WannaBMechanic WannaBMechanic is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fuel Line Replacement!! Where do I start???

Hey thanks a lot for the advice everyone. I think I am going to check out the repair kit and the junk yards asap.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunfire > General Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts