-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Grundoon Grundoon is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Low End torque reduced- 95 TA

My 5.7 lt. T/A started to hesitate a lot, I even hear some knocking, when accelerating below 2000 rpm. Idle and above 2000 is ok.
Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Mr. Luos's Avatar
Mr. Luos Mr. Luos is offline
Firebird Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,587
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Low End torque reduced- 95 TA

Did you change fuels?


Check for a vacuum leak.
__________________
1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
Stock'ish'
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2006, 07:21 PM
CreepingDeath94 CreepingDeath94 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Low End torque reduced- 95 TA

Could be a misfire from bad plugs, wires, or optispark as well. When was the last time you did a tune-up. Also, if the engine has some miles, the LT1s have a tendancy to develop a valve seal leak and the back cylinders suffer most as the engine is on an incline that puts the back cylinders lower than the fronts. As a result, the oil that does leak through into the cylinders back there can foul up spark plugs. Good news is that those are the hardest to reach also. just some things to check out.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Grundoon Grundoon is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Low End torque reduced- 95 TA

Thanks for the help- it gives me a place to start.
As to the fuel, that at first since it started after a fill-up so I got the gas next timIsuspected e from a different station- but it didn't help. But for all I know it's the same gas.
I only had the car a year so I haven't done any tune up - I did replace a plug wire that was arcing.
let me work on this and I'll be back
thaks again
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2006, 09:04 PM
2000LS1Z28 2000LS1Z28 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Low End torque reduced- 95 TA

Gosh, I hope it's not optispark for your sake. That sounds like a nightmare to repair.
__________________
2001 MR2 Spyder
Magnaflow Muffler and OBX CAI.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2006, 09:11 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Low End torque reduced- 95 TA

Opti's aren't all that bad. First time will take around 3- 4 hours but after that most people will be able to do one in about 1 and half hours. I agree with the tune suggestion. Most likely its spark or fuel pressure related.
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-24-2006, 06:24 PM
norway548 norway548 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: Low End torque reduced- 95 TA

wow, my 95 Formula convert is doing the EXACT same thing, but with a strange twist.
it wont start acting up until the temp has warmed well past 210 and turned the fans on, then anything past half throttle, it "loads up " as I say, and detonates, or "pings, harshly. so a friend of mine hooked up his snap on scanner and when it was acting up we noticed that the EGR activity was 0, and after inspecrting further we concluded that the egr is stuck open or the emissions air pump system is screwed up , loading hot gas into the cylinders and detonating the motor at certain temps, but we cant figure it out past that, or we are just plain wrong. has anyone else encountered this ??
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Grundoon Grundoon is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Low End torque reduced- 95 TA

Yep, I also notice the problem starts after the engine warms up. I hope someone has a fix for this. Where's the EGR valve?? Does replacing it not fix it? ( I am not a mechanic but I can unscrew bolts).
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts