|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
CD Player Installation 2001 Alero
I am installing a new cd player in my 2001 Alero. When the wire harness is hooked up to the car regularly the cd player does not work. I am told i have to create a secondary power source from the fuse box. Is this true. If it is how do you do it and if its not what am I suppose to do.
Last edited by kb7834; 05-09-2006 at 12:00 PM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: CD Player Installation 2001 Alero
You new cd layer has 2 power wires: Consant- yellow and Switched-red
Constant always gets 12 volts even when the key is off. TYhis keeps yous settings, like you preset radio stations and treble and bass. Switched get 12 volts only when the key is on ACC. You must find a fuse in the fuse box that you are not using. ie-if you do not have a sunroof but there is a fuse for it, remove it. Replace it with the Switched(red) wire. You should also put a spade connector on the end for safe and easy installation. I hope I was help. Tom |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|