-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
gtirob01 gtirob01 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gtirob01
My modified VW Golf V5

Ive had this model, actually the second one for quite a while now built completely stock. I decided not long ago to try to mod it to look similiar to my 1:1 GTI.

What I did was take out the 2 rear doors with putty, sanding, you know how that goes. I then made the front bumper to resemble my own Charactre front bumper on the 1:1. and smoothed all bumpers. I then put on some modest side skirts from the Revell Civic hatchback, as well as the rear hatch wing from the same model. Put on a FMIC from a Skyline R34 GTR. Race seats actually from a metal Ford Focus WRC, and a custom made half roll cage. Lowered the suspension a bit and found some spare wheels to put on.

I am not completely done with the car yet.... but heres what Ive got so far...





I dont like how the headlights came out, so I am going to redo those. Maybe make a badgeless grill as well.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2006, 09:54 PM
blubaja's Avatar
blubaja blubaja is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,660
Thanks: 63
Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blubaja Send a message via MSN to blubaja Send a message via Yahoo to blubaja
Re: My modified VW Golf V5

Great job on the conversion! Love it!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-02-2006, 03:03 AM
gtidude gtidude is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 316
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to gtidude
Re: My modified VW Golf V5

looks great, im loving those seats. do you have a closer shot of the side of the car, i want to see how that 2door conversion really looks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-2006, 07:05 AM
porschenut's Avatar
porschenut porschenut is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to porschenut
Re: My modified VW Golf V5

Looks awsome keep it up
ESE
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-04-2006, 11:28 AM
gtirob01 gtirob01 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gtirob01
Re: My modified VW Golf V5

Im so bummed out. While doing some cleaning, I accidentally bumped the car off the table. It didnt break anything..... but it made the paint crack all over the body. So, I guess now I get to soak it in brake cleaner and paint it all over again. Oh well. Paint job will be better this time around!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts