Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
marcre
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to marcre Send a message via MSN to marcre Send a message via Yahoo to marcre Send a message via Skype™ to marcre
P1404

Awesome, I have another CEL; p1404

I know what this is, EGR Valve Stuck Closed. I just have one question about this. Is the valve the pintle? If not, what is the valve?

marc

I hate my CEL.

1999 Rodeo LS 3.2 4x4 SOLD, but not forgotten
My Rodeo
marcre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
marcre
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to marcre Send a message via MSN to marcre Send a message via Yahoo to marcre Send a message via Skype™ to marcre
Re: P1404

went to napa to get some deepcreep. Upon starting my Rodeo after my purchase, the CEL is off, which is good I guess, but still. I am at my parents house (my tools are here) because I am going to clean it anyway. I have it apart, the pintle is free and there doesn't seem to be much build up. The end by the throttle doesn't seem clogged up either. In fact, I just cleaned the EGR less than two months ago.

I hope this doesn't mean that I need a new EGR. I have seen my CEL too much in the past five months. It was just yesterday that I was thinking how nice it was to have it off.

marc

My Rodeo
Old 04-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
amigo-2k
Isuzu Guy

wait and see. It could be the circuit board in the EGR is finally buying the farm.

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
amigo-2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
marcre
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo-2k
wait and see. It could be the circuit board in the EGR is finally buying the farm.

Great, there was one on ebay not too long ago that was cheap. I almost bid on it. I wish I did.

I just got home after a thorough cleaning and the CEL is still off, so that's good. I'll have to keep an eye out for one on ebay. If anyone sees one, post it in here.

marc

My Rodeo
Old 04-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
terrie
AF Newbie

I keep getting this code to. The Isuzu place cleaned my egr ports and installed a new egr. 2 days later the code came back up. I took it back and they said it may still be clogged up and they would take it apart and fix it for 800.00 more dollars.
The next weekend we took it apart and cleaned it from both ends running a wire hanger through both sides and spraying a whole bottle of intake cleaner. It is not clogged and the pintle on the new egr is moving just fine. I am still getting that code and p0402, flow excessive. I am thinking it is something else at this point. Maybe img. Don't know how common that is in the 4 cyl.
If I were you I would rule out everything before replacing the egr.
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
marcre
AF Enthusiast

yea, I'm not going to replace the EGR. So far, it hasn't come back on, but I'll have to monitor it for a while. When it popped on, it was only on for a short time. I cleaned it and used a wire hanger as well. The cleaner was flowing pretty freely, so hopefully it is cleaned out. I may clean it again soon.

marc

My Rodeo
Old 04-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
marcre
AF Enthusiast

It's back on, with a friend.

P1404 AND P0405

What does p0405-EGR Sensor Circuit Low mean? Is it safe to say I need a new EGR valve? This is agrevating. I have no clue what this new cade is trying to tell me.

marc

My Rodeo
Old 04-29-2006, 05:29 PM   #8
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

It sounds like the ECM isn't getting the electrical feedback it needs to see from the EGR valve. Sounds like your valve has the broken/melted path on the internal circuit board.

Joel
Old 04-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #9
marcre
AF Enthusiast

this is rediculous, all of these CEL's are starting to irk me. A new EGR valve is not going to be cheap. If anybody sees one for a great deal, let me know.

I just put $50 in the tank.

I have had serious thoughts of putting my Rodeo in the classifieds. The only major thing stopping me is the idea that it will not sell. I love this ride, but a vehicle with only 83k should not have the CEL come on all the time.

marc

My Rodeo
Old 04-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #10
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Marc, check here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU...spagenameZWDVW
Nice thing about this listing is it lists the GM part # and the isuzu part #. Maybe this will give better search results.

G/luck
Joel
Old 04-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #11
marcre
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the link joel, I saw that earlier, but I'd love to see one even cheaper (I'm a dreamer). Probably not going to happen, but I'll look. It's probably not a great ideas to drive around with a busted EGR system.

marc

My Rodeo
Old 04-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
Ramblin Fever
AF Enthusiast

Can't remember if you done this or not, but before you even think about replacing that EGR, make sure to completely clean out your throttle body and the air intake tubing, along with your pcv and idle lines.

Doing this worked wonders in my Rodeo that had one of your same codes for over 5 mnths; haven't seen any in regards to the *you know what* light since.

2004 3.4L Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4 Double cab
32" Yoko's, Westin Bull-bar, KC Fogs 60K miles
Ramblin Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:57 PM   #13
Gizmo42
AF Enthusiast

If nothing else you can always hit the local salvage yard for one off a low miles mid-late 90's GM. Looks like most if not all GMs of that time used the same EGR.

Check out http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6869

I wonder what the difference really is between all these ac delco egr valves that look identical but with different numbers.

Here is one for a saturn 4cyl
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SATUR...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is one for several gm's as well as 4 cyl hombre and oasis
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-01...QQcmdZViewItem

They look just like the one on my v6 rodeo.

1999 Rodeo LS 3.2 4x4 5 Speed
32x11.50-15 BFG T/A KO
3" Lift - Rancho 9000x
Rear No-Slip Locker
Flowmaster 2.25" 50 Series
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry

Last edited by Gizmo42; 04-30-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Gizmo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #14
marcre
AF Enthusiast

I haven't been able to get on this site in a couple days, I was feenin. It's still going slow though.

Anyway. I took the EGR off again today and the pintle moves fine. I'm guessing it is bad. This Rodeo has been demanding a lot of my attention lately, it's driving me crazy. I am checking some junkyards out online, I see one for $50 with a six month warranty. Not bad.

I was under my Rodeo today checking the transfer case and rear diff to make sure the level was correct since I changed them out a few weeks ago. My rear diff where it meets the driveshaft is wet with fluid. There must be a bad seal there. Some oil on the gas tank too, right at the corner by the rear diff/driveshaft. I'm going to keep an eye on the diff fluid level because I am sick of spending money on this thing.

Is this an expensive fix? Probably is knowing my luck.

marc

My Rodeo
Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #15
Ramblin Fever
AF Enthusiast

I hear ya, I was finally able to clear and fix up the very minor leak I had at the transmission shifter on the Rodeo, double checking it's fluid level at the same time.

Then I figured I'd pop under my automatic diesel to check it's condition/level as well - and, guess what, have a leak at the area where the driveshaft enters the transmission! ARGHGHG!

Just can't win - It's always something. Good thing is, the diesel's still covered under extended warranty, only has 80k miles.

Oh, and the powersteering pump on my '85 Toyota p/up's about to bite the dust - drips on the driveway are slowly getting bigger and bigger. And besides that, there's another coolant hose leaking on it somewhere

It's funny I ALWAYS hated it when someone would visit and their car would leave drips in my driveway, big major irritation to me, just doesn't look good. I'm discovering little by little as time goes on, that it's my own DD's causing the stains now.

No oil leakers, yet, though, just seems the diesel has the red plague.

2004 3.4L Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4 Double cab
32" Yoko's, Westin Bull-bar, KC Fogs 60K miles
Ramblin Fever is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU