-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-14-2006, 08:11 PM
eti engineer's Avatar
eti engineer eti engineer is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New F-250

My company just bought me a new F-250. I am turning in my old (2002)
F-150 and I can't get rid of it quickly enough. The company has spent close to 100 dollars per every 2000 miles for maintenance on this truck and it still has transmission problems.

How are the new F-250's? Has anyone had one long enough to let me know?? I certainly hope this one is more dependable than my last Ford. By comparison, I have a hopped-up S-10 4.3 liter V-6 and I have only replaced the battery and alternator on it in over 90K miles.

I had a 1997 F-250 with 5-speed manual and a 460 in it and it lasted me 116,000 miles with no repairs. I retired it with the original battery, spark plugs, cables, etc. It was a very good truck.

Just curious for input on the new F-250.

Thanks...

eti engineer
__________________
SAVE TIME AND TAX DOLLARS -- EXECUTE THE PERP, NOT THE WARRANT...

10 pm. my yard. your cat. my gun sights. (keep 'em home!!!)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-15-2006, 01:27 PM
horse482's Avatar
horse482 horse482 is offline
AF -Advisor
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 806
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: New F-250

That all depends on what motor and tranny are in the truck.
__________________
NO 4 N JUNK

1994 GMC K1500 XC 5.7L

2008 Chevy Impala LTZ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2006, 09:16 AM
eti engineer's Avatar
eti engineer eti engineer is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New F-250

I am supposed to get the truck today. I will check it out and let you know. The last truck had the 4.6 liter engine, I and I have no idea which tranny. It was automatic. I am a Chevy fan, so I am not too familiar with what Ford has anymore.

Thanks...

eti engineer
__________________
SAVE TIME AND TAX DOLLARS -- EXECUTE THE PERP, NOT THE WARRANT...

10 pm. my yard. your cat. my gun sights. (keep 'em home!!!)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:45 AM
eti engineer's Avatar
eti engineer eti engineer is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New F-250

I finally got the truck. When they were putting the shell on it, they did some body damage and I had to wait until that was repaired.

The truck has a 5.4 Triton engine in it and I don't know which tranny. It has the tow package installed, however, so does that help? It is an automatic with overdrive and torque converter lock-up

I certainly hope this one is more reliable than the last one. I spent more time fixing it than driving it.

Later..


eti engineer
__________________
SAVE TIME AND TAX DOLLARS -- EXECUTE THE PERP, NOT THE WARRANT...

10 pm. my yard. your cat. my gun sights. (keep 'em home!!!)
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > F Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts