-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-09-2006, 11:40 PM
suprat17 suprat17 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Desperate for some help

I have a 1981 Gloria Brougham (Turbo L20 engine) pillarless four door. Very stock but a real limo. She has only done a genuine 50,000kms. Three years ago some bast@rd broke in to her by smashing the driver side front window. The car has sat in my garage ever since gathering dust, and quite frankly she is too good for that, so I have decided to put her back on the road. Problem is I haven’t been able to source a replacement window through any of the sources I have tried.

This is a stab in the dark, but is there anyone out there that might have an idea of where I could try, or maybe knows of one that might be for sale. I have checked through Nissan and a replacement is just not available through the spares network.

I have tried to make a replacement out of Lexan but because the car is pillarless it needs the rigidity of glass to make it happen.

If I can figure out how to post a picture of what the window looks like I will, but in the meantime I can e-mail one if anyone is interested.

Would love to hear from anyone that might be able to help. E-mail me at [email protected]

Cheers and fingers crossed!!!!!

Peter
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Underground_Killah's Avatar
Underground_Killah Underground_Killah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Desperate for some help

your best shot is posting a pic... cause i'm a J30 person myself
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-10-2006, 06:47 PM
suprat17 suprat17 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Desperate for some help

Underground_Killah, thanks.

I would post an image of the window if I can figure out how!!!!. The insert image option asks for a URL only and quite frankly I don't understand that, every other forum I visit gives the option to browse folders. Maybe I am "Desperate for some help" with this as well!!!!!

BTW, forgot to mention yesterday the car is RHD, so therefore it is the righthand front window I am looking for!!

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-2006, 11:06 PM
swimshark swimshark is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to swimshark Send a message via MSN to swimshark
Re: Desperate for some help

you can put pictures on imageshack imageshack.us it's pretty simple to use. I am a J30 person also so I don't even know what your car looks like.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Underground_Killah's Avatar
Underground_Killah Underground_Killah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Desperate for some help

or you can get a car domain website.... it's www.cardomain.com and just post your pic there and use the url for that pic
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Underground_Killah's Avatar
Underground_Killah Underground_Killah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Desperate for some help

email it to undergroundkillah at gmail dot com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Underground_Killah's Avatar
Underground_Killah Underground_Killah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Desperate for some help

ok everyone got the pic emailed to me... posting in just a second
let's give this guy some help!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Underground_Killah's Avatar
Underground_Killah Underground_Killah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,865
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Desperate for some help






hope these work on the site

anyway, i'm thinking a junk yard would be the best bet for finding this particular window
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
swimshark swimshark is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to swimshark Send a message via MSN to swimshark
Re: Desperate for some help

nice red x's
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts