-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-03-2006, 05:20 PM
BrianCav BrianCav is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
99' Balzer Rough Idles

I have a 99' blazer 4X4 w/60k. I bought it with 50k and its been great until the past 2k miles.I have a really rough idle. I was told to replace the plugs wires and rotor cap, but I havn't yet. instead I replaced the EGR valve, because thats what a few friends recommended
I repaced this at a cost of $120.00 and i still have the same rough idle.also the check engine light has been on.
Is there anything else I should try! Should i do the plugs and wires?????????
Any help would be appreciated

Brian
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-03-2006, 05:57 PM
friesza friesza is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 99' Balzer Rough Idles

I am no expert...but others in here have suggested going to like Schucks or Autozone and asking them to run the codes....they usually do it for free...and maybe from there you could figure it out...also could be bad fuel, pcv valve, O2 sensor...I just dont know...but I bet BlazerLt might ...he will probably respond soon. I once got cheap gas and mine ran like crap for quite a while and finally I now only run chevron product...seems to like it...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Cloud Strife Cloud Strife is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 196
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 99' Balzer Rough Idles

When was the last time there was a tuneup on your Blazer?

Have you replaced your fuel filter yet?
__________________
1999 Blazer 4x4 LS "Blackie"
Monroe Reflex Shocks
Moog U/L Ball Joints
K&N FIPK Gen 2 Cold Air Intake
Flo-pro Soundpro exhaust
Optima Redtop
132k miles and still rolling....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2006, 10:05 PM
BrianCav BrianCav is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 99' Balzer Rough Idles

friesza,
Thanks for the response.I do have a auto zone near me so i'll have them run the codes.I was pissed spending $120.00 and not fixing the problem.like you said it could be bad fuel the 02sensor or the pcv.
cloud strife had a point with the fuel filter too
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianCav
I have a 99' blazer 4X4 w/60k. I bought it with 50k and its been great until the past 2k miles.I have a really rough idle. I was told to replace the plugs wires and rotor cap, but I havn't yet. instead I replaced the EGR valve, because thats what a few friends recommended
I repaced this at a cost of $120.00 and i still have the same rough idle.also the check engine light has been on.
Is there anything else I should try! Should i do the plugs and wires?????????
Any help would be appreciated

Brian
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2006, 10:49 PM
drdd's Avatar
drdd drdd is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 600
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 99' Balzer Rough Idles

yup ...

with 60K ... bout time for a tune-up - search the forum ...

wires, plugs, cap, rotor, pcv, clean throttle body, fuel filter, air filter, clean IAC ... possibly cat and O2 sensors ...

start with the cheap stuff ... if that doesn't fix it ... well, it would've needed done soon anyways ...

if it were me, I'd start with cleaning the throttle-body and IAC and fuel filter ... just my 2cents





Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Strife
When was the last time there was a tuneup on your Blazer?

Have you replaced your fuel filter yet?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-03-2006, 11:36 PM
dmbrisket 51's Avatar
dmbrisket 51 dmbrisket 51 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dmbrisket 51
Re: 99' Balzer Rough Idles

yes, it probibly needs a tuneup, a gm tuneup, plugs, wires, cap, roter, pcv, fuel filter, air filter, lower intake manifold gaskets, gm's replacement ones are now aluminum and not plastic, and use only delco platnum plugs, and a decent set of wires
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-09-2006, 12:30 PM
BrianCav BrianCav is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 99' Balzer Rough Idles

Thanks guys for all your tips.I 1st did the EGR valve.that didn't work so than I did pvc valve and O2 Sensor.Truck ran smooth for 5 mins.than it went back to a rough idle again.
So I did what you guys said and got a free dianostic from Auto Zone.The print out showed a missfire on piston 4.So I assume its the plugs and wires??
I pushed on them to make sure they were tight, it didn't work so now I'm going to take it to a mechanic and have them replaced I hope this solves the problem?
I also bought a gas filter that I will change.Could you guys tell me where this would be located?
Also do you think replacing the plugs,wires,and cap will it stop the missfire??
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Jeremy Fitch Jeremy Fitch is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Fitch
Re: 99' Balzer Rough Idles

Fuel filter is under the drivers side door against the frame rail.
__________________



1996 Blazer LT 4 Door, 4x4, 4.3L Vin W.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts