|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Sound in drivers side door
Quick question, hopefully a quick answer...
I recently have been hearing a rattling sound coming from inside the drivers side door of 99 silverado. I am figuring something broke off? Everything works (window, handle, and electronics) on door. I was hoping someone had an idea before I have to remove everything to see what is wrong. Plus I have never removed panel from door, is it hard on the silverado? One last thing where can I purchase the electronic 4x4 switch? Thanks for the help. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Sound in drivers side door
Yeah man ive been hearing the same noise in my drivers door the past few months and it hasnt bothered me enough to take the door off and check. Also the 4x4 switch can be bought from a dealership for about $60 and its really easy to replace. Dont let them charge you to do it, if you want me to take some pictures let me know and I can show you how to do it. I had to replace mine about 8 months ago
__________________
![]() ![]() 99 Silverado z71 LT 6" tough country lift, 35" cooper discoverer tires with 18" amp flathead rims, K&N series 77 cool air intake |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Sound in drivers side door
My 99 silverado did the same thing at 80,000 miles....the bolts holding the window frame are probably loose. Just get a 10 mm socket and retighten them...oh yeah..now I have 116,000 and they need to be retightened again. I would use some blue locktite on them to make sure that they dont come loose again...
As for the 4x4 switch just pull out the switch and take it apart and resolder the solder points very easy....You dont need to get a new switch...If you open up the switch you can push where the bottons push and you can look on the oposite side and see that there is a very fine crack in the solder.... |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Sound in drivers side door
Isn't that annoying. My passenger door was doing that and I finally pulled off the door panel and it was the window frame bolts.
__________________
2000 Chevy Silverado LS 3dr 4x4 5.3 Vortec |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Sound in drivers side door
Had an annoying rattling coming from my door... Turned out to be the light bulb inside the reflector/light housing on the bottom left side of the door. Real easy to check to see if that is it...just look through the clear lens and shake the door and you will be able to see the bulb moving around if that is your problem.
__________________
![]() 2004 Chevy z71 BF Goodrich T/A KO 285/75/16s. Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust. K&N intake. Stull billet grille. F-150 torsion bar index keys. 800w stereo system.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Sound in drivers side door
Put some locktight on the window regulator bolts.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Sound in drivers side door
Quote:
__________________
*Under Construction - New sig to debut* |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|