|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
We are working on this car to clean it up and get it in as good a shape as we can on our budget.
My questions are about the fact that someone has cut the air tube at the cats and at the engine and disconnected the o2 sensors. It was running like a dog before we started working on it. How much would these two disconnects have affected things?? What would be the best way to go when we plan for putting it back together? Thanks for your help |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 94 GT project
If you are talking about the small metal tube/pipe that runs from the back of the intake down to the cats then its just a smog thing and really wouldnt make any difference. I did it on my truck when I swapped the stock exhaust out to custom exhaust.
__________________
1969 Cougar 357w & TKO - 475hp |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 94 GT project
If you are talking about the small metal tube/pipe that runs from the back of the intake down to the cats then its just a smog thing and really wouldnt make any difference. I did it on my truck when I swapped the stock exhaust out to custom exhaust.
__________________
1969 Cougar 357w & TKO - 475hp |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 94 GT project
It could. For one, you need o2 sensors, they are vital for the part-throttle engine control. The air tube cools the stock catalytic converters. If they are in place with no tube, they could be melted and clogging your exhaust up. Most aftermarket setups will not need the air tube/smog pump, regardless of whether or not they have cats. You will need the O2 sensors hooked up either way however...
__________________
1994 SVT Cobra. 306, Ported GT-40X's, Crane 2031, NX Wet Kit (100 shot for now),TKO 500, TwEECer R/T, and all the bolt-ons..... http://www.cardomain.com/id/mccobra94 1995 F-150 SC/4X4 351W/E4OD, K&N, Custom Exhaust w/Flowmaster. Freedom Isn't Free. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 94 GT project
I guess I didnt have any problems because I went with an aftermarket hi-flow cat when I changed my exhaust.
__________________
1969 Cougar 357w & TKO - 475hp |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|