-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific
Register FAQ Community
Non Specific This is the forum to post and generalized racing questions.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-15-2006, 09:35 PM
chevytrucks92's Avatar
chevytrucks92 chevytrucks92 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,658
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seen internals today!

and they are pertiful!, lol.

Nice, polished up 4340 Scat crank. 6 inch H-beam rods. Dome Mahle coated pistons. They're supposed to be very light weight. It all looked great. I should have it no later then Saturday.

Its sure enough going to have 13.5:1 compression and with 1.6 roller rockers, he said the cam will have around a .660 inch lift.

Its horsepower will never actually be known, BUT, a flat-top 406 (wasn't the one i ran, but i assume it was similar) with my exact heads (literally, they were the heads that are now mine) that ran on pump gas made 548 horsepower, and he said my 383 will be alot stronger then that.

So, if everything works like it should, then I see no reason why I won't be able to beat a 1.464 60'. Reason I say that is because that was my best ever 60' and that came with a flat top 406 (the one I destroyed).

If all goes well, we'll find out next Saturday!

And I guess I'm addicted to racing, because I'm already making plans for my back up motor, lol. It'll start with the shortblock I've been running and it's going to stay a 355 probably, but its going to get dome pistons and MAYBE alluminum rods (not a big fan of those though, but you can rev a little higher with them). Not decided on that yet though.

And, I'm goign to get the same shop building my 383 to do me another set of heads. They'll be better then the ones I got. He said that type made 580 some hp. on the same 406 that mine made 548.

But anyways, I should have a 383 this weekend, and its going to be a nice one! Lets keep our fingers crossed that everything works fine and that next Saturday, I can post up some 6.60s passes (be extra nice to brag about 6.50s passes ).
__________________
**1966 Chevy II**

355 SBC, Turbo 400, 5.13 gear, IHRA Certified to 8.50 in the 1/4
Last Race (10-6-07) So its been awhile...
Dial: 6.77, RT: -.0001, 60': 1.4360, 1/8th: 6.7942 @ 100.65 mph
Fastest Pass of '07 (10-6-07)
60': 1.4360, 330': 4.3453, 1/8th: 6.7942 @ 100.65 mph


25 and in BIG TIME Debt Crew member #2
Deuce's Wild Racing: Take a Ride on the WILD SIDE
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-15-2006, 10:36 PM
clawhammer's Avatar
clawhammer clawhammer is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,945
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Seen internals today!

Why don't you just do like 3 passes on the dyno for like $100?
__________________
2001 Honda S2000 New Formula Red

Mods:
Engine: Comptech Air Intake Box, miscellanous chrome dress up pieces
Suspension: Comptech front strut tower bar
Exterior: Grillcraft grill, lots of wax
Interior: Rick's leather console cover, Muz one-piece luxury floormats, Rick's windscreen,
Electronics/Audio: Polk speakers
Wheels/tires: 18" SSR Competition wheels with 225/40 and 255/35 tires

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2006, 05:01 PM
losingxposer's Avatar
losingxposer losingxposer is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to losingxposer
Re: Seen internals today!

Because for one it's not the same thrill as racing down the strip
__________________
Current Rides:
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S.
2002 Chevy Cavalier 2dr.
1994 Cavalier Station Wagon RS
1987 BMW 325
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-16-2006, 05:49 PM
CBFryman's Avatar
CBFryman CBFryman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,705
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
Re: Seen internals today!

Im assuming time on the Dyno with tuning is just as beneficial as time on the Mic with tuning for SPL.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-16-2006, 08:30 PM
chevytrucks92's Avatar
chevytrucks92 chevytrucks92 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,658
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Seen internals today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawhammer
Why don't you just do like 3 passes on the dyno for like $100?
I really dont care about knowing exactly what it has. What I care about is being able to say I ran 6.60 (or maybe 6.50) in a 2700 lbs car with a small block, lol. Then people will know it has to have some power, lol. And then I could spend that $100 towards a bigger carb., or a mini-starter, or towards race fuel, lol. Know what I mean Vern?

And besides, that's the purpose of test and tune sessions. You can get as many passes as you want, and I have alot of adjustments (or tuning if you want to call it that) that I can do. I mean I can set the timing up or down pretty fast and I can leave (or launch) anywhere between 3000-5000 rpms, and I can change my shift point by just changing out chips (6500 right now, I've got a 6600, 7000, etc.).
__________________
**1966 Chevy II**

355 SBC, Turbo 400, 5.13 gear, IHRA Certified to 8.50 in the 1/4
Last Race (10-6-07) So its been awhile...
Dial: 6.77, RT: -.0001, 60': 1.4360, 1/8th: 6.7942 @ 100.65 mph
Fastest Pass of '07 (10-6-07)
60': 1.4360, 330': 4.3453, 1/8th: 6.7942 @ 100.65 mph


25 and in BIG TIME Debt Crew member #2
Deuce's Wild Racing: Take a Ride on the WILD SIDE
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts