-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-11-2006, 09:15 PM
russe203 russe203 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
alarm system

I have a 99 intrepid with factory alarm. When you lock all the doors and the alarm is on it will go off randomly. Today I had it on and it sat there for 7 hours without going off. Then i came home, locked the doors, and it went off within about 3 minutes. Has been doing this for awhile. Any suggestions on how to fix or even just disconnect the alarm. I talked to someone who said it maybe the plungers in the door, but i do not know where those are.
would appreciate any help cuz the horn is loud and annoys the neighbors
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2006, 10:20 AM
whatsthisbutton4 whatsthisbutton4 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: alarm system

I had an problem on my 00 that sounds similar.

My problem would come and go, it seemed to happen more often when it was damp outside. My problem was accompanied by intermittant failures of the trunk auto latch. The dealer repaired it under warranty, Im pretty sure the probelm was one of the wires running to the trunk latch was worn and shorting.



Quote:
Originally Posted by russe203
I have a 99 intrepid with factory alarm. When you lock all the doors and the alarm is on it will go off randomly. Today I had it on and it sat there for 7 hours without going off. Then i came home, locked the doors, and it went off within about 3 minutes. Has been doing this for awhile. Any suggestions on how to fix or even just disconnect the alarm. I talked to someone who said it maybe the plungers in the door, but i do not know where those are.
would appreciate any help cuz the horn is loud and annoys the neighbors
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Redcoatcasino Redcoatcasino is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: alarm system

I have a 2000 too! Mine seems to go off when temps get warmer, around 80 degrees. I found that if I lock my doors manually the alarm won't go off. Dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Isn't that funny. Now my warranty is expired. I bet you they'd find something wrong now.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts