-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-02-2002, 04:23 PM
Cackophony Cackophony is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cackophony
92 Civic Start Problems?!?

Recently my 92 Civic DX hatch has been having some trouble starting. It doesn't happen often just randomly every once in a while. When I try to start the car and I turn the key to "start" the engine seems to start, but when I turn the key back to "on" the engine dies. It does this a couple times then sometimes it just sits there and cranks, but never starts. It sorta reminds me of how my car would act if my car had no gas. Eventually if I just keep trying or let it sit for a second it starts up fine, and once it's started I have no trouble with it at all.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I've thought about taking my car into the shop for a tune-up, see if they could fix it. The only problem is that a tune-up usually costs around $400, so if anyone has any idea how I can fix this on my own that would be great. Thanks guys...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2004, 09:01 AM
mjohn mjohn is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 253
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 92 Civic Start Problems?!?

could be a problem with the wiring harness , secondary harness...in steering column
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts