-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > Century
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-03-2006, 12:42 PM
mpmp2004 mpmp2004 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question 98 Century won't shift

Hi guys,

Here's the problem I have on my 1998 Century, 100k: transmission won't change the (upper) gear. Simple as that... No matter how high the rpm is it won't change to the 2nd gear. No matter how hard to accelerate it. Is does this in D, 3, 2, 1. I went up to 40m/h and no shifting. R, P, N work fine. Is there anything else I should check before I go to the shop (and look stupid)? So far:
- I changed the oil and filter
- I changed the vacuum modulator.
- I didn't check the vacuum pressure though (there is vacuum)
Is this one of the symptoms of a bad solenoid? Any other ideas? Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
maxwedge maxwedge is offline
A990 racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 17,072
Thanks: 26
Thanked 388 Times in 379 Posts
Re: 98 Century won't shift

Needs to scanned on a trans function scanner where the shifts can be commanded and confirmed, also loo for a bad tps, but that would set it's own code normally.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2006, 04:00 PM
mpmp2004 mpmp2004 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 98 Century won't shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge
Needs to scanned on a trans function scanner where the shifts can be commanded and confirmed, also loo for a bad tps, but that would set it's own code normally.
I guess that can only be done in a shop...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > Century


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts