-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-28-2002, 07:18 PM
LeggyBug LeggyBug is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LeggyBug Send a message via Yahoo to LeggyBug
Cool The new girl

Hi,
I came across this website/forum yesterday while searching for an owners manual for my '97 Sentra GXE, and was totally stoked... I didn't know anything like this existed. I bought my car used, from a dealership in October, and it didn't come with an owners manual. I figured it would be good to have one. Plus I thought it might offer me some insight into a way to fix my trunk latch. I can't open my trunk from the inside, which drives me crazy... something's screwed up, and I can only open it with the key. Anyone else experienced this? And do any of you know a site where I can download a free owners manual for my car? I look forward to hearing from anyone w/ insight.
Thanks,
Alison (Leggy Bug)
P.S. Seems like a lot of you are from So Cal, just like me... I live in Ventura
__________________
Alison
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2002, 12:09 PM
djddub djddub is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to djddub
Check the trunck latch there should be a little switch that you can just clink and it should work. You probably clicked it on accident.Hope that helps. Im in So. Cal (norwalk). Welcome aboard.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2002, 10:29 AM
Sentra Styling Sentra Styling is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 487
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sentra Styling
Hey welcome aboard......

You might also wanna check out some of the other top Sentra sites
www.sentra.net
www.b15sentra.net
They have alot of usefull info on your car......
__________________
2002 Nissan Xterra SE Black
1993 Sentra SE-R Black
1994 Sentra SE-R Red
All SR20DE powered...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-09-2002, 01:34 PM
TriStateGuy's Avatar
TriStateGuy TriStateGuy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to TriStateGuy
Hi Alison and Welcome aboard

Gonna post pics of your ride?

Also did you figure out the truck latch problem?
If your not getting the responses you wanted
you should check out the sites that Sentra Styling
provided.

Anywho enjoy your stay

-TSG
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-09-2002, 02:45 PM
StageOneGalant's Avatar
StageOneGalant StageOneGalant is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to StageOneGalant
WELCOME

Welcome to AF!!! hope u enjoy u're stay!!!
__________________
95 Mitsubishi Galant
Stage 3 FrankinStein Turbo, RalliArt Headers/Clutch , Custom Kat back exhaust system...etc....(enuff info )
Euribuni Body Kit, 18 in Konig Wildcards.


"Just Because words are free, doesn't mean u can use them Freely."

Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-09-2002, 03:59 PM
roc_face roc_face is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can get your owners manual here

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/deptog.asp?dept%5Fid=32
__________________
2002 Cloud White SE-R Spec V

"2.5 liters makes it better!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-28-2002, 02:14 PM
SentraGirl SentraGirl is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm new too

Hi Alison, I know exactly how you feel. I just found AF too and it's so great. I don't know much about cars and I'm hoping some of the more knowledgeable car experts could help me on some things. I have a 2001 white Nissan Sentra SE. I just got white 17's and I'm wondering if anyone can explain to me how to paint my brake calibers myself. I don't know what kind of paint to use or anything.

Here's a pic of my car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg j's cropped rims.jpg (7.4 KB, 187 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-28-2002, 02:25 PM
SentraGirl SentraGirl is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up I'm new too

Hi Alison, I know how you feel, I'm new too. I just joined this AF thing and I'm learning a lot. I have a 2001 white Nissan Sentra SE and I just bought white 17's (HP Racing) but I wanna paint my brake caliber so it looks nicer. Can I do it myself and how and if not does anyone know of a quality place in Pembroke Pines that isn't too expensive? Thanks!

Here's a pic of my car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg j's car side.jpg (24.5 KB, 186 views)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-28-2002, 02:25 PM
SentraGirl SentraGirl is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up I'm new too

Hi Alison, I know how you feel, I'm new too. I just joined this AF thing and I'm learning a lot. I have a 2001 white Nissan Sentra SE and I just bought white 17's (HP Racing) but I wanna paint my brake caliber so it looks nicer. Can I do it myself and how and if not does anyone know of a quality place in Pembroke Pines that isn't too expensive? Thanks!

Here's a pic of my car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg j's car side.jpg (24.5 KB, 181 views)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2002, 03:20 AM
pinyoot4you pinyoot4you is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the boards ladies!! me n other people in this forum will try our best to help you on ur knowledge of cars....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-30-2002, 03:46 PM
SentraGirl SentraGirl is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Thanks and Sorry

Thank you and I'm so sorry I posted the same "thread" or whatever like three times. I don't really know how to use this yet.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Sentra Styling Sentra Styling is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 487
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sentra Styling
SentraGirl I have some caliper painting instructions on my personal site that might help ya out a bit....It's really easy to do...
www.sentrastyling.freeservers.com
__________________
2002 Nissan Xterra SE Black
1993 Sentra SE-R Black
1994 Sentra SE-R Red
All SR20DE powered...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-30-2002, 05:35 PM
SentraGirl SentraGirl is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, thank you so much Sentra Styling. That really helps a lot and your car looks really tight. I'm actually thinking of painting mine red also, I like how it looks. Any suggestions on what else I could do to better my car?

Thanks, Jackie
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-30-2002, 06:17 PM
sr20de4evr's Avatar
sr20de4evr sr20de4evr is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hey, I have a 2001 Sentra SE also and a great place to find out any info on anything about that car is www.b15sentra.net I know it's already been posted but it is a really great forum and deserves another reference
__________________
'01 Black Sentra SE
Weapon-R intake, HS header, HKS catback, ES motor mounts, B&M short shifter, Tein coilovers
Alpine 9835, Adire Koda 6.1, Adire Brahma 15, Arc 2100cxl, Linear Power 2.2hv, Cadence ZRS-8

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-31-2002, 04:09 AM
SilverSpec-V SilverSpec-V is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As for the break calipers, instead of taping off just about everything that could and would be in the way when I spray the paint on. I cleaned the caliper off, sprayed the paint into a glass cup or jar, tben used a small art brush to paint the calipers. I used three coats on each caliper, and blowing one dry with a small fan (takes about 5 min or less) and painting another at the same time. All 4 took about 1-2 hours max.

The paint can be purchased in your local mod shop, pep boys, kragen, or online. If you prefer the good stuff it will run about $50, or you can buy the cheaper paint at pep boys for about $4. They both work the same. I personally went with the cheaper one to save some money for engine mods.

Oh yeah, a couple of car stands and a nice 2.5 ton or stronger jack would be a good investment if you plan to do most of the mods your self. Most mods are usually pretty easy, though they may sound difficult thru instructions.


http://www.optauto.com

This site might help with your mods purchases.
__________________
Don't brag, never brag about yourself.
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The new girl nextdoor w/ a subaru baja QueenNadine Legacy / Liberty / Baja 2 02-20-2006 06:14 PM
Hi, I am the new girl karmacae Introductions 3 12-09-2004 09:28 AM
The New Girl leroluver Introductions 0 05-24-2004 10:57 AM
Thinking about hitting the Clubs to meet new girls! LX98Civic COMPLETELY off-topic 0 01-28-2002 09:55 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts