-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-26-2006, 07:11 PM
airFS airFS is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 199
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Suspension help

I'm looking for some kind of suspension upgrade weather it be coilovers or shocks and spring. What has worked the best for you guys? I'm not looking to spend over $1,000 either.
  #2  
Old 02-26-2006, 07:42 PM
david-b's Avatar
david-b david-b is offline
Dave is THAT guy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Re: Suspension help

Search. This has gone over many times and people have given what works best for them. You will need new shocks pretty much whatever you do. Please seach. I know people are going to repost all their stuff here away, but do a search.
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ
Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
  #3  
Old 02-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Suspension help

I'd go with Megan coil overs if I were you. $850 on eBay man. Other than that, I'd go with Koni Yellows, Tokico Illuminas, or KYB AGX's with Eibach Sportlines.
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
  #4  
Old 02-26-2006, 08:04 PM
airFS airFS is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 199
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Suspension help

Are the megans any good?
  #5  
Old 02-26-2006, 08:24 PM
ez1286's Avatar
ez1286 ez1286 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ez1286
Re: Suspension help

I don't think anyone on here is using the megan coilovers (I plan on buying them at some point) The do look like they're really good quality. People say they are the exact same as the apexi's.
__________________
95 GSX:FMIC, 6-bolt, evo 3 16g, 2600 act clutch, 1g bov (crushed), and a 3" turbo back exhaust, dsmlink, dks 272 cams, wideband 02, Coming soon 2.3L Stroker, 1mm oversized valves, crower sprigs. 91 TSI AWD auto, gm 3.5 maf, maft, fmic, emanage, profec e-01, 3" turbo bk exhaust +more little stuff.
http://www.ratemydsm.com/member/ez1286/?member=ez1286
  #6  
Old 02-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Suspension help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez1286
I plan on buying them at some point
If I had a 2g I would too. Just do a search, theres another thread on here somewhere about them.
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
  #7  
Old 02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Gsx_hooptie Gsx_hooptie is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 623
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Suspension help

Koni Yellows (500), GC springs set to a lb. suited to your purpose (250), upper mounts with the coaxial hat (200).

If you have a little more money, get RM sways for the front and rear or just rear if you're an understeer hater and drive an FF model.

If you don't have tires, get tires first. The other stuff has to come later. 3g rx-7 rims running 245s with tires you reaserch to your own personal tastes. Good luck.
__________________
I used to own a DSM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon.
Capitalization is the difference between, "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse," and, "Helping your uncle jack off a horse." The comma is the difference between, "Eats shoots and leaves," and "Eats, shoots, and leaves."
 
Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts