-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Cougar
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-23-2006, 07:49 PM
ccarmichaelrx7 ccarmichaelrx7 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Possible Major Problem. Automatic Transmission. 00 Cougar

Auto Tranny lost drive gear, (!) light is flashing every second. Just bought the car 3 weeks ago, and already replaced entire engine. Car has 140000km on it. Tranny Fluid level seems fine. I'm really in a bind here as I'm in another province, please help.

I already typed this out in detal, but wasn't logged in, so i lost all that I typed. Story goes, that I was on my way to work on the highway. Went to pass a truck. Car kicked down in a weird way, rpm jumped up way high like 7200rpm pretty well, and it didn't want to go back down after that, I had to slow right down right away. Anyways, it eventually did shift back into drive. However, when I was pulling out of the coffee shop I completly lost the drive gear, just like being in "N". Now I only have 1st and 2nd.... Anyways, I really fear the worst here, but some tips would be much much appriciated. Sucks that this is my first car, and within 3 weeks of owning it, engine and tranny go. I'm broke and cant even pay for this shit either, . Life sucks.

Chris.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2006, 04:57 PM
jezport jezport is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Possible Major Problem. Automatic Transmission. 00 Cougar

Does your speedometer still work? if it doesnt it is the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) that has failed and it is a cheap repair.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2006, 10:53 PM
ccarmichaelrx7 ccarmichaelrx7 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Possible Major Problem. Automatic Transmission. 00 Cougar

Spedometer still was working. Apparently the guy at the tranny shop says my tranny is all messed up. Gears made metal and whatnot. Anyways, I got a new tranny for pretty cheap. Hopefully I have better luck from here out with my cougar. owned it 3 weeks, replaced motor and tranny. Wish it just got stolen and burnt instead. but neways, thanks for the reply.

Chris.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Cougar


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts