|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Gauge lighting problem
I recently had some autometer c2 gauges installed by a certified technician. the problem is that he said no matter what he tried the dimmer on the autometer gauges was reversed from the factory dimmer switch. for example if the dash dimmer switch is brightend the autometer gauges would dim. if the dash gauges were dimmed the autometers get brighter. has anyone else had this problem hooking up their aftermarket gauges to their stock system. Or is this service technician not know what he is doing
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Gauge lighting problem
I would suggest just hooking them up either directly to the light switch so when the lights are on so are the guages or do what I did and just run them directly to power so when the car is running my gauges are lit
__________________
2004 Flame Red SRT-4 |Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd| Mods: ![]() |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Gauge lighting problem
I agree that's how I had my reverse Glow Gauges hooked up, straight through the dimmer.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Gauge lighting problem
Velkommen to ze automotiV forums.
![]() Utilize the search button and the sub-forums, and we'll get along just fine
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Gauge lighting problem
Considering a car has dc power they could be switched (power to ground and ground to power) other than that I'd think it was a manufacturers defect.
__________________
95 GSX:FMIC, 6-bolt, evo 3 16g, 2600 act clutch, 1g bov (crushed), and a 3" turbo back exhaust, dsmlink, dks 272 cams, wideband 02, Coming soon 2.3L Stroker, 1mm oversized valves, crower sprigs. 91 TSI AWD auto, gm 3.5 maf, maft, fmic, emanage, profec e-01, 3" turbo bk exhaust +more little stuff. http://www.ratemydsm.com/member/ez1286/?member=ez1286
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|