-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-10-2006, 08:51 AM
ironmonk97 ironmonk97 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ironmonk97
2004 camry cabin filter

anyone have any info on where and how the air filter is supposed to bet maintainanced
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Soilent Green Soilent Green is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2004 camry cabin filter

I have a '98. If they didn't change it, it's behind the glove box in the dash, there's the heater motor and everything there, if you take out the glove box you can slide the filter out and put a new one in.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2006, 02:20 PM
somick's Avatar
somick somick is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,595
Thanks: 6
Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
Re: 2004 camry cabin filter

You suppose to change it every 30 000 miles.
I have 23000 on mine. Checke my air filter and it was pretty dirty. Since I had a good deal at www.rockauto.com I have ordered them both: air filter and cabin filter. Never got chance to replace the cabin filter. In your owners manual there are instructions on how to replace it. Sounds pretty strait forward. Remove a screw at the right side of the glove box and remove the glove box. I will let you know in more detail as soon as I get to it.

Sam
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP
Please post back when you fix it so we all will learn something

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2006, 06:49 PM
somick's Avatar
somick somick is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,595
Thanks: 6
Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
Re: 2004 camry cabin filter

The instructions I received with the cabin filter recomend replacements every 15,000 miles. I think they are right (even if it sounds like they promote their own product). My filter was veeeeeery dirty. And this is for (I checked it)23900 miles. The replacement job is very easy.
1. Open glove box.
2. Remove a screw from the right hand side of the glove box.
3. Pull the damper rod that was secured by the screw away.
4. Push both sides of the glove box inward and let the glove box go down.
5. You will see the filter housing.
6. Push on both tabs and remove the filter housing.

Sam
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP
Please post back when you fix it so we all will learn something

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts