-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Scotteru33 Scotteru33 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95 Vr4; keep it or not

I have a 95 vr4 and it has 75000 miles on it. The car has always been in good/great condition and has always been serviced and well taken care of. I am currently getting my car serviced at Sound Performance in Bloomingdale,IL where I am getting a new clutch, clutch master cylinder, and driveshaft mounts. I am 18 years old and have always been into cars and my vr4 is technically my dads but i have been the only driver for the past two years. Im leaning towards keeping the car, but then I think that it has 75k on it and Im not sure if I want it. If I did keep it I would start with a 99 front end conversion and do some minor mods under the hood to get a little more power. I was just curious what everyone thinks of keeping a car with 75k?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Morphius289's Avatar
Morphius289 Morphius289 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

Keep it. 75K isn't that much on the clock, and I think you'll be much more satisfied with keeping it than selling it for something else. BTW our engines have been known to pass up 200K with proper maintenence.
__________________
Black 1997 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
[01:05] Igovert500: scrwe his method
[01:05] Igovert500: too much crap
[01:06] Igovert500: i just jam a garden hose in there
[01:06] Igovert500: and put it on high flow
[01:06] Igovert500: go the opposite direction too
[01:06] Igovert500: so it clears out more shit
18 and out of debt - member #1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2006, 12:02 AM
AutostradaVR4 AutostradaVR4 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

thats something you alone can decide man. everyone on this site (me included) is in love with these cars and is going to tell you to keep it, but if your not devoted to it, you may be better off with something else. The mileage is not an issue, many 3000gt/stealths roll the odometer to more than twice that. there is literally no limit to the lifespan if your willing to keep up on mantenance and repairs, which is my next point.

VR-4s are complicated and expensive machines, and when stuff goes wrong, it can cost a pretty penny. If you dont have deep pockets you better have at least a moderate amount of mechanical know-how.

I would say this: look at the car. it is an extremely attractive, fast, sexy high-tech sports car. what are you going to get that can compete in looks or performance for 15K??? because thats probably about what you would get for it if you sold it.
__________________
Formerly BlinkRA182

--VR-4-- --09 Lancer RALLIART-- --Me--
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2006, 12:04 AM
AutostradaVR4 AutostradaVR4 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

oh yea, has your dad replaced the timing belt and water pump yet (60K maintanence)? if not, GET ON THAT IMMEDIATELY!
__________________
Formerly BlinkRA182

--VR-4-- --09 Lancer RALLIART-- --Me--
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2006, 08:33 AM
talskinyguy talskinyguy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,955
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to talskinyguy
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkRA182
VR-4s are complicated and expensive machines, and when stuff goes wrong, it can cost a pretty penny. If you dont have deep pockets you better have at least a moderate amount of mechanical know-how.
Judging from where he lives, and that he thinks 75k on a car is a lot of miles, I dont think money is really an issue here.
__________________
A few "bolt on" mods, a couple "cut, smash, hammer, weld, etc" mods, and a couple "why the hell do I need this/what the hell is this" weight reductions.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Scotteru33 Scotteru33 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

The timing belt and water pump have been replaced; all the service has been done right along with the car. Money might be a small issue for me but not my dad; he is an anesthesiologist.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2006, 10:41 AM
sLADe781 sLADe781 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,804
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

Scott, you got any pictures of your car? I would love to have a 95 VR4 with that low of miles. So my vote, keep it.... Hehe
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Scotteru33 Scotteru33 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

LOL, Im not gonna have my car for a week, but once I get it back from Sound Performance, I'll post some pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-31-2006, 05:24 PM
VR43000GT's Avatar
VR43000GT VR43000GT is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,091
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

Depends what your in the market for. You have an awd TT car that can be turned into a fast supercar with some bolt-on mods. I'd say keep it if you want a sports car. Otherwise sell it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-31-2006, 06:15 PM
SHO411's Avatar
SHO411 SHO411 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 842
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

I won't advise you to keep it, why would you want to keep a car with 75K on it?????? that's CRAZY, THAT's LUDACRIS

P.S. I know a guy in GA who will buy it from you for 9,000.00 once he sells his 99SL :^)
__________________


Ain't this the pretiest motor or what?

Fines are the fee you pay for the privilege of driving as fast as you want
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-31-2006, 08:01 PM
xXxRocker5150's Avatar
xXxRocker5150 xXxRocker5150 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to xXxRocker5150
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

^lol get lost SHO, the vr4's mine... first come first serve, and I live in Chicago!!!!
__________________
Georgey on the subject of midget beastiality pornos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft
I've seen a video or two out of curiousity.... those damn midgets are hung! But then the donkey walks in...
Home Puta's 4Life Crew Member #1

R.I.P Andy, you will be missed by all.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-24-2006, 12:10 PM
sfc711 sfc711 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

I bought my 3000Gt VR4 in 1992 and had it until 1996 when my second wife and I had to have a truck for our horses.I had a 88 Quest and an 89 Starion that i was not going to sell. When I got divorced from my first wife I gave her the house for the two cars. The second wife and I were both in the Army at the time and she did not want to get rid of her Eclipse GST. When I sold my car it had over 190K and never had been in the shop except for its prescribed tune-ups, changing the timing belts, water pumps IE. These cars will run forever as long as they are not misused and taken care of. I am 41 retired disabled VEt and tomorrow I fly into Little Rock to pick up my 99 3000Gt VR4, cannot wait to drive it back to Louisiana. It will look nice next to my 88 Quest and 89 Starion. Sold my 84 RX7 with a supercharged motor to get this car. All of my cars including the GT are automatics since I lost use of my left leg due to an injury in Afghan.. Will post pics when I can. IF you want to sell car let the forum know, I am sure you will not have any probs selling it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Igovert500's Avatar
Igovert500 Igovert500 is offline
blue + red light magnet
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

Really sorry to hear about your injury, but thank you very much for serving our country. A quick question though, you said you're getting a 99 vr4, that is awesome! But, no vr4s ever came with auto trannys, I'm hoping you are aware of this...?
__________________
96 3000gt vr4
-K&N FIPK
-Proboost mbc
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-24-2006, 11:23 PM
sfc711 sfc711 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

I was so entranced with the memories of my 92 VR4 and the pain pills that I had taken that I put VR4 instead of SL. It is a 99 SL auto tranny with 40k. I wished they would have made the VR4 with auto transmission but then that would suck. The aut tranny works good in the StarQuests, I have outran other manual turbo cars because you do not lose the boost buildup from having to change gears. I read that someone swapped an ATX from a JDM GTO into a 3KGT and it worked pretty well. Cannot remember if it was on here or on another site. Thanks for pointing out my misprint. Thanks,GAry
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-24-2006, 11:46 PM
planet_keeper's Avatar
planet_keeper planet_keeper is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 333
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 Vr4; keep it or not

i wonder if anyone's ever done a tip? lol that would be some project
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts