-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Plymouth > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-16-2006, 09:46 AM
scojen scojen is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question 1992 Sundance doesn't shift

1992 Sundance Duster 3.0 V6 I just replaced the engine and the car is running nicely, but it stays in one gear when placed in drive. It shifts from park to reverse to neutral to drive just fine, but it does not change gears in drive.

When I first started the car after putting the replacement engine in, there was a metallic grating sound. A mechanic friend had me loosen the bolts connecting the flywheel and the converter plate in the transaxle to see if the plate moved freely. He was afraid transaxle was not in place and that I forced the connection when tightening the bolts.

After loosening the four bolts the transaxle side moved around freely, so I put everything back together. The sound was gone, but in taking it out for a drive I discovered the no shifting problem.

Anyone have any ideas or should I call a garage?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-17-2006, 01:49 PM
bobbyl1989 bobbyl1989 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: 1992 Sundance doesn't shift

I heard this from one of my friends the is a technition the sensors that are in the car the one the controls the tach,transmission and engine temp gauge i guess there was a bulliten put out on them almost like the were recalled they coast like 20 bucks and its happening to my 1994 plymouth sundance duster 3.0 V6 try to replace the sensors mabey that will help let me know
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Plymouth > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts