-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

Just as it says... Do you guys think these wheels will look good on my car? They are also 17" like my stock wheels. I've got a picture of each for comparison...


__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2006, 02:40 AM
drdisque's Avatar
drdisque drdisque is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

I think they almost look cheaper than the ones you already have, I don't see it as much of an upgrade.
__________________
Dr. Disque -
Current cars:
2008 BMW 135i M-Sport
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2006, 02:58 AM
L-Spec's Avatar
L-Spec L-Spec is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to L-Spec
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

I like the colour finish to the wheels though.
__________________



1992 Ẽfini RX-7 FD3S
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2006, 03:01 AM
corning_d3 corning_d3 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,731
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to corning_d3
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

I think they beat out the stockers..
__________________
2007 Certified DaimlerChrysler Service Technician...
True blue GM at heart.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2006, 05:07 AM
SLoe's Avatar
SLoe SLoe is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

They look better than stock.
__________________

96 GST 5 spd.......(R.I.P.) smashed by a fallen tree
2001 Camaro SS 6 speed goodness!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:51 AM
AbsoluteGTR's Avatar
AbsoluteGTR AbsoluteGTR is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteGTR Send a message via MSN to AbsoluteGTR
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

I wouldnt spend the money on them...here is my thought when deciding on rims for th eclipse...17" no lip, if you are willing to pay for 18" or 19" definitly get a lip.

If I ever get a new eclipse, I will try and save up for some RacingHart Evolution C2's.

Otherwise keep the stocks for now, enless the otheres are dirt cheap.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

Thats the thing, they are dirt cheap. This other guy is selling his Eclipse and he wants to sell it with some kind of stock wheels.(not sure why) But, I think its a good deal for me because my wheels are bent from the previous owner. Besides, I'm running on a donut right now cause the one is bent so bad it won't even hold air anymore. You guys still think I should go for it? I do plan on upgrading to some different aftermarket wheels in the spring. But, I just need something to keep me on the road until then and I don't wanna spend any money on another set of stock wheels or just one stock wheel.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
How about these wheels then... They are 18"s and I'll pretty much be able to get them for a good deal too.

__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-04-2006, 02:22 PM
imtheoneandonlyD's Avatar
imtheoneandonlyD imtheoneandonlyD is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

If your going to upgrade in the spring just do whatever will get you by until then.
__________________
Pictures of the Truck
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-04-2006, 02:36 PM
l_eclipse_l's Avatar
l_eclipse_l l_eclipse_l is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheoneandonlyD
If your going to upgrade in the spring just do whatever will get you by until then.
__________________
'92 3000gt SL

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Shpyder's Avatar
Shpyder Shpyder is offline
Moderate moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,751
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

The second upgrade looks better than the first. But, I think the stock 5 spoke rims on the new 2006 Eclipse would look really nice on your car...
__________________


The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

Ok, I just emailed the guy and told him I need some time to think about this. Wheels are a big decision to me. I'll have to see them everyday and just wanna make sure I get a nice set that looks good... Hmmm... I hate making these kind of decisions. lol
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Turbodog97's Avatar
Turbodog97 Turbodog97 is offline
Just a Neon
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How much is the guy asking for the rims? I think both sets of new rims look awesome. The 3rd photo definitely looks better but also seems like it would be a lot more expensive. If the price difference between the 2nd and 3rd pics' rims aren't too much...then get the 3rd.
__________________

05 Srt4
Agp 3147 w/supporting mods


97 Mx-5
T28, hks man, ebay int/pipes, rfl bov, xtd 6 puck, 3" magnaflow, msd timing box,
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessheart666
How much is the guy asking for the rims? I think both sets of new rims look awesome. The 3rd photo definitely looks better but also seems like it would be a lot more expensive. If the price difference between the 2nd and 3rd pics' rims aren't too much...then get the 3rd.
Yeah, the 2nd picture the guy needs my stock wheels for on his car and he wants 150 bucks. But the 3rd picture the wheels are 175 plus I'll still get to keep my set of stock wheels. So the 2nd picture is definetly out of the picture now...

I've been looking on ebay all day at wheels and I'm just not sure if I should go with something like that 3rd picture to get me through until spring or if I should just go ahead and buy a really nice set. The only other problem is that I don't want a nice set to have to be out in the snow... I could still use my stock wheels if I could fix the bends in them. The only problem I would see with my luck would be the aluminum wheels cracking off and then I'd really be screwed.

Anyone got any suggestions for a good way to try and fix the bends without cracking the aluminum? Maybe you guys have seen some wheels that you think would look great with a red car... I also thought about black or gunmetal 5 stars with a silver lip on them... But I've also seen wheels without a lip that I like too. It's a tough decision. I guess the true question now is, lip or no lip. If I go with a lip I'd probably go with bigger wheels like 18's possibly 19's? But without a lip I think 17's or 18's would look plenty big. I wanna try and cut down on the wheel gap with all this too but I am also gonna do the whole suspension in the spring.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-04-2006, 05:06 PM
AbsoluteGTR's Avatar
AbsoluteGTR AbsoluteGTR is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteGTR Send a message via MSN to AbsoluteGTR
Re: Opinions Needed on these Pictures!!!

How much are you willing to spend?....its like I said before, only get a lip on a 18" or 19" rim, because on a 17" the lip will make the rim look that much smaller.

But for a $175 (the 3rd pic) thats seems like an awesome deal, counting that they are in great shape and tires are included.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts