-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 1st Gen 95-99
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-31-2005, 08:07 AM
growe58 growe58 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Neon/Avenger engine interchange?

I asked this on the Dodge Avenger board, but no one seemed to know. I was wondering if anyone here knew.

I had a good week with cars...not! On Tuesday, my son blew the engine in his Dodge Avenger. And yesterday, my daughter was t-boned in her Neon, totalling it. (And I won't mention my Toyota toasting it's alternator on the way home from work Thursday night.)

Avengers are rare, so used motors are rare and therefore pricey. I know that it's the same basic engine as the neon, although the exhaust is in front and the intake in the back. But are the blocks interchangeable? I'm hoping that I can at least solve one problem by yanking the motor out of the Neon, putting the Avenger head on it and dropping it in the Avenger. (BTW, the Avenger is a 1996 2.0 4cyl with ATX and the Neon is a 1997 DOHC with ATX).

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-31-2005, 11:44 AM
das2123 das2123 is offline
Tuning Neons since '97
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Send a message via AIM to das2123 Send a message via Yahoo to das2123
Re: Neon/Avenger engine interchange?

I think the 2.0 Avenger engine is similiar if not identical to the N/A eclipse engine. So that would give it the same block but with the reversed head. I would think, just think, that you can do what you want by using the neon block and putting the Avenger head on there. You may run into some slight fitment problems though.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 1st Gen 95-99


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts