-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-30-2005, 05:52 PM
milk123 milk123 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
have trouble with a 1999 voyager

Trouble is, while out today it started bucking while on the trottle so i put a small can of gas line anti-freeze in. Then the speedometer gave out and the transmission seemed to be acting up.. Now I got her home and put her in the garage to have a look and I removed the air box for a better look and now it won't start. Anyone seen this before?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-30-2005, 06:22 PM
vamc's Avatar
vamc vamc is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,454
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: have trouble with a 1999 voyager

I heard there was a recall on something like that. I would check with the dealer on that one. I think it has to do with a vac line, but check with the dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-30-2005, 07:53 PM
milk123 milk123 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: have trouble with a 1999 voyager

I'm not sure about that but now she does not have any fire.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-31-2005, 09:45 AM
milk123 milk123 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: have trouble with a 1999 voyager

I'm noticing things all the time. Is the auto shutdown relay suppose to be clicking while I'm cranking it over.. Remember I have no spark and it won't start.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-31-2005, 06:12 PM
aldovera aldovera is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: have trouble with a 1999 voyager

Yes, it does click while cranking. You probably have a bad cam sensor, or a bad crank sensor or a faulty PCM. Either one of these could be a cause for no spark. As far as no speedo and tranny problems it would be your speed sensor. I'm not sure if you can do the key method to retreive engine codes on this particular year model.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-31-2005, 06:17 PM
vamc's Avatar
vamc vamc is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,454
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: have trouble with a 1999 voyager

On the 1996 and newer, he should be able to because it has an obd2 ecu.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-31-2005, 09:53 PM
milk123 milk123 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: have trouble with a 1999 voyager

Yes the key method worked today but all I get is code 55 which means there are no codes..I may have erased them when I removed the battery terminal for the night in the garage..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-2006, 09:45 PM
who fan who fan is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: have trouble with a 1999 voyager

Check the coil. Go to Allpar.com for more info on chrysler transmissions and other maintence issues.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts