-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-17-2005, 02:47 PM
777stickman 777stickman is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 6
Thanked 92 Times in 91 Posts
'03 OEM Fog Lights Install

Going to help a buddy install OEM fog lights in his '03 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. Posted this in the GMC forum, but there's way more action here and I'm hoping the only difference is in the fog lamp style between the two. Question is about the wire hookup to the underhood BEC (bussed electrcal center). Written directions say to put it into receptical "D6" of the "forward lamp 32 pin connector". Drawing right below that shows it going into the "A4" receptical. Can anyone verify which one is correct using an '03 and up service manual wiring diagram for the fog lights? Thanks..........Steve
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-17-2005, 04:17 PM
tykrz's Avatar
tykrz tykrz is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
would the wiring not already be in place? You'll have to get the BCM programmed for them with a tech II scan tool
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2005, 07:03 PM
777stickman 777stickman is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 6
Thanked 92 Times in 91 Posts
Re: '03 OEM Fog Lights Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykrz
would the wiring not already be in place? You'll have to get the BCM programmed for them with a tech II scan tool
Thanks for that info, although the instructions mention nothing about programming the BCM. I'll look into that. All the in the cab wiring is supposed to be there. It's the wiring harness that comes with the OEM kit that I need info for the correct receptical to place the power wire to the fog lamps.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2005, 09:22 PM
JS632 JS632 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JS632
Re: '03 OEM Fog Lights Install

My 2003 sierra didn't come with foglights from the factory. I purchased one of the oem kits from a guy off of ebay sometime back. The kit came with the lights, harness, button, and instructions. To install the kit, you don't have to reprogram the BCM. You simply pop out the button on the dash and install the new one with the fog lamp and cargo light button. Then, you run the wires from the harness to the button and to the BEC. You have to unbolt the BEC and pull out the right pin and install the wires from the harness there. I have the diagram which shows the right pin in my shop somewhere. I will look for it tomorrow and try to post you a pic. It's too late to go find it now. I hope this helped, and I will try to get the diagram for you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-18-2005, 06:22 PM
777stickman 777stickman is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 6
Thanked 92 Times in 91 Posts
Re: Re: '03 OEM Fog Lights Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS632
My 2003 sierra didn't come with foglights from the factory. I purchased one of the oem kits from a guy off of ebay sometime back. The kit came with the lights, harness, button, and instructions. To install the kit, you don't have to reprogram the BCM. You simply pop out the button on the dash and install the new one with the fog lamp and cargo light button. Then, you run the wires from the harness to the button and to the BEC. You have to unbolt the BEC and pull out the right pin and install the wires from the harness there. I have the diagram which shows the right pin in my shop somewhere. I will look for it tomorrow and try to post you a pic. It's too late to go find it now. I hope this helped, and I will try to get the diagram for you.
Thanks. Any diagram you've got would be appreciated. Really don't have any problem doing this, it's just that ? of "D6" (written) or "A4" (visual)..........Steve
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts