-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community
View Poll Results: How do you feel about my car?
Great looking, nice job! 2 2.99%
Lose the spoiler and you have a winner. 13 19.40%
Pretty mediocre average civic. 10 14.93%
Sucks. Sell it. Naw heck, trash it. 42 62.69%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-05-2002, 11:25 PM
Darkwing Darkwing is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 736
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking my car

ok I havn't done a poll in ages. Its been a while and alot of you know me and my car and the controversy that surrounds it . Its time to see how you all really feel. So, anonymously, you can state how you think my looks. Pics in my sig tell enough, but the link in my sig leads to more.

I won't be offended by the vote, since I pretty much know how its going anyways. I just want to see, thats all. No flames please.

Thanks
__________________
Check out my webpage at www.darkwing72211.com. It's got a new page specifically for my Car!
  #2  
Old 06-05-2002, 11:41 PM
Rice-Rocketeer Rice-Rocketeer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dude...you gotta have flow when it comes to customizing a car. The Supra wing is more of a flashy show add-on while there's *nothing* else on the car that's flashy. It just doesn't flow with the rest of the car and tends to give ppl the impression that your car is fast, which it is not. So that treads deeply into ricer category.

Reversly you have the 14" wheels that look like they're either stock or Pep-Boyz finest. Hey, they might be what you want to auto-x with or whatever, but again, they don't flow with the wing or the car.

Other than that, you haven't done much anything else to it, so...
__________________
Lookin at my gucci, it's about that time...
  #3  
Old 06-06-2002, 12:08 AM
onesojourner's Avatar
onesojourner onesojourner is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to onesojourner
are you ever going to do anything to your car? i think its been the some for a year
__________________
don't like my post
The things you own end up owning you-Tyler Durden
videos
  #4  
Old 06-06-2002, 12:36 AM
CXHatchback's Avatar
CXHatchback CXHatchback is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 567
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to CXHatchback Send a message via AIM to CXHatchback
WTF's up with the Warner Bros cartoon theme?
__________________
  #5  
Old 06-06-2002, 12:39 AM
CXHatchback's Avatar
CXHatchback CXHatchback is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 567
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to CXHatchback Send a message via AIM to CXHatchback
I'd kill for a valve cover like that one, polish that mofo!
__________________
  #6  
Old 06-06-2002, 01:23 AM
kicker1_solo's Avatar
kicker1_solo kicker1_solo is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
I like your car, get a different spoiler so it will flow more easily though.
__________________
2000 BMW 323IT
1954 Ford F100
With every post my penis grows smaller

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
  #7  
Old 06-06-2002, 06:42 AM
1995HondaCivic's Avatar
1995HondaCivic 1995HondaCivic is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 8,642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 1995HondaCivic
Sucks. Sell it. Naw heck, trash it.

do you fit under tunnels with that wing?
  #8  
Old 06-06-2002, 05:51 PM
soul180's Avatar
soul180 soul180 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alright....how old are you? If you're old enough to drive, you're too old to call yourself by a fictional cartoon character...lose that...and the wing...and you'd have a stock civic....start there...but if the wing is your thing keep it....it's your car....
__________________
UGSTYLES
  #9  
Old 06-06-2002, 10:59 PM
emerge's Avatar
emerge emerge is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 924
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to emerge Send a message via Yahoo to emerge
now i know wut its like to take downs on your car, cuz my car used to be real nasty. (you guys remember my euros and white type r grill and red led lights?) ANYWAYS, im not gonna lie to you. all i can tell that youve done to the thing is that ugly ass spoiler. thats why its called a supra spoiler, cuz its made for supras. it looks too big for the car. sell it and get a type r spoiler, same design, but lower. dont give up though, you car has a lot of potential. you've just made some mistakes. so fix them.
__________________
Stephen Gladney
Original PH Member


EJ8 Civic | AIM: nxzo | www.rtek.org
  #10  
Old 06-06-2002, 11:33 PM
Darkwing Darkwing is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 736
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lol, so many things to reply to!!

Rice-Rocketeer: never heard someone dis my rims before! something new every day...

onesojourner: I know. As soon as I start breaking even I'll add to the car...

CXHatchback: lol, Darkwing is getting childish isn't it? It's been my internet name for many years. I am 20 now, I guess it is time to move on eh? .... nah!!

CXHatchback: valve cover? what's so good about it? I tried polishing it up, but I guess I didn't have the right stuff. Will try again someday...

kicker1_solo: thanks, what spoiler do you reccommend?

1995HondaCivic: most tunnels.

soul180: um... ok.

emerge: type-R spoiler? I tried that, it blocks my vision. Either I get a different high wing (which you lot don't like) or I take off the wing completely (not reccommended cuz it'll leave holes in my trunk).

guys, I understand you are trying to tell me what you think of my ride, so when I say this don't take it like I'm shunning your comments; but the wing is staying. It is a chick magnet and my bro. absolutely loves it. You lot may think it's totally stupid, but its responsible for making my car quite popular (or infamous) around campus, and around town. I have actually been the first to start a trend here. About 5 months ago I saw another civic in my hood with a spoiler just like mine. it ticked me off, I was like "he stole my idea!!". Then more came. Now I've seen about 6 civics with the same wing as me. One guy even has a red 95 civic with my wing on it. Looks exactly like my damn car!! It used to be unique, now its turning into a city-wide fad. scarry eh?

and the rims are nice. They look real good on my car, c'mon you know they do. other things are listed in sig.

ok, I'm done. lol. keep voting, I'm still waiting for someone to like my car!!
__________________
Check out my webpage at www.darkwing72211.com. It's got a new page specifically for my Car!
  #11  
Old 06-07-2002, 12:19 AM
DRxCIVIC DRxCIVIC is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dude...

dude with the money u spent on ur rims u could have gotton a nice set of Si rims.. and the money u spent for that wing thing u could of dropped ur car and gotton clear corners with red/clear tailights! ok just my thoughts...
  #12  
Old 06-07-2002, 12:38 AM
Rice-Rocketeer Rice-Rocketeer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wasn't dissing your rims, just sayin they don't flow with the spoiler.

And if you keep the spoiler, atleast back it up with something else flashy, like 17's or a bodykit or something.
__________________
Lookin at my gucci, it's about that time...
  #13  
Old 06-07-2002, 01:25 AM
VTEC_boi's Avatar
VTEC_boi VTEC_boi is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to VTEC_boi
The wing is as high, if not higher than, as your car.




I'm sorry but in my opinion it's ugly. It looks like someone is trying to show off and don't nkow how to do it correctly.



It needs a drop. The car needs to be taken off the wing (heh heh). You should really modify it a lot more. It's near stock but w/ that hideous wing and an intake.

But, you seem to love your car. As all of our negative criticism has left you undaunted in your ways. Which is..i guess...respectable.


CXHatchback's car, on the other hand, is 100% phat. Sure, he may not have tons of stuff but he spent wisely and his car turned out pretty damn nice looking.
__________________
"Son, your eyes look a little red there. You've been hittin the Vtec haven't you? Alright, stand on one foot, touch your nose and say 'Third Rocker Arm'".

Original PH Member (Reppin' for original PH'ers!)

www.lunspeed.com
www.jdmcivic.com
www.sweetcarz.com



  #14  
Old 06-07-2002, 11:48 AM
CXHatchback's Avatar
CXHatchback CXHatchback is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 567
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to CXHatchback Send a message via AIM to CXHatchback
Those valve covers look HOTT when polished. Try again, it's nice. Hard work but it's worth it. Mine's powerdercoated so I can't do it without stripping it first.
__________________
  #15  
Old 06-07-2002, 09:22 PM
RedRocketGSR's Avatar
RedRocketGSR RedRocketGSR is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 214
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RedRocketGSR
Yea IMO i think you should lose the wing. Go with either no wing at all or just the stock wing. As for the rims, i guess i didnt notice them but the car needs some work so keep it up and keep us updated when you do something and take a pic too.
Laterz
__________________
95 Integra GS-R
[email protected]
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you drive a different car than your own? Lionkind Cars in General 0 04-01-2009 07:04 PM
Car Nuts Car Club, Inc. 2004 Car Show K-bow Car Shows 0 03-15-2004 10:13 PM

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts