-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM
brandtboster brandtboster is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Performance????

I have a 84 camaro with a 305 going into it. I dont have the original TPI system so I was planning on making it Carburated with a big carb, like 600cfm or so. Should i hunt around for a TPI system to get more power, or should i stick with a carb system. My plans are to add a supercharger later after 350 swap. I am also looking for a cheap T-5. Or should i look for a old school 4 speed muncie, will a 4 speed fit and bolt up to a 305? Advice is requested on my plans and decisons. I am on a low budget right now, but I will be saving for super after I get trans.

Thx.

Brandt Boster
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-13-2005, 11:07 PM
bag91's Avatar
bag91 bag91 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,587
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Performance????

Get the T5 and why wouldnt you just get a TBI, is it an original engine from a Camaro?
__________________

91 RS Camaro V8 305 TBI
cold/ram 14"/3" open element
K/N filter
3.73's
B&M Megashifter
180 thermostat
Flowtech TERMINATOR Exhaust
3" exhaust cutout
Silvania Silverstar Headlights
Ronal R15 Firehawk Wheels
Hankook Ventus Sport (front)
Sumitomo HTR+ (rear)
275/40ZR 17 all around...
_____________________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-13-2005, 11:54 PM
AFI 05 AFI 05 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 382
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to AFI 05
Re: Performance????

get TPI plus a miniram plus mild 350 plus supercharger ahh man....
__________________

1990 IROC-Z 5.7 TPI (1 out of 4,213 IROC's made in 1990) Only mod is magnaflow 3" cat back and K&N filters... im broke.

Last edited by AFI 05; 12-14-2005 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
brandtboster brandtboster is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
But hunting down a TPI system is expensive I heard. Also can i get some info on the differences of a T-5 and a T-56. The 5.0 I have was not out of a Camaro either, not that that makes much difference. Also can i get a wiring diagram for a 84 Camaro plz?

thx

Brandt Boster
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts